BPA LMAO

Gooningitup

Falling in the draft despite being a top TPE earner was expected. I was a goalie, a position that only a few teams needed, and technically 2 out of 3 filled that position. The one not filling their position is New York who have a 250 TPE goalie whose semi active. I kept falling even farther than i expected too though. What is worse, i found out im not even actually picked the only reason im in Calgary is the GM was tired, and went BPA for the rest of his picks.

Which resulted in them picking not 1, but 3 goalies. I wont be sticking around after 3 seasons. Not because i hate Calgary or that, im mad at their GM. The reason i wont stay is im not needed. They have their goalie for 5 more seasons, im not going to play back up forever. This season i will start for the Hounds. If possible the season after they might be smart to move on from me. It really sucks, ill admit to know my shot at the HOF is gone already. 

I likely wont start till at best my 3rd season in the VHL. If Calgary cant find a fit i might be stuck till im on my prime before even getting a shot.

Ive put in more time than any other player, im earning at a rate i didnt expect to maintain. Sadly its going to be wasted, and as i will be done in this league as this was going to be my swan song.

Not sure where you got your intel but I actually drafted you. You were 100% not a bpa auto pick.  

I only went bpa in the 4th round.  I worked nightshift at 11pm so had to leave for that reason. Not because I was tired 

Edited by Jubis

32 minutes ago, Jubis said:

Not sure where you got your intel but I actually drafted you. You were 100% not a bpa auto pick.  

I only went bpa in the 4th round.  I worked nightshift at 11pm so had to leave for that reason. Not because I was tired 

Nvm was a 3rd lol

Edited by Gooningitup

I’m almost certain Jubis was on night shift as well - so the commitment from him as opposed to the former CGY GM is impressive. Not only that, but I have a pretty damn good relationship with Jubis - we talk most days, before and after he took the role even. He’s a good guy.

Calgary is extremely lucky to have a passionate guy that is readily available at any moment to do what he has to do for his team. I’d message the last CGY GM and receive a response within a week. Jubis is within an hour. He’s new and learning, but I will echo once more, Calgary is lucky to have a guy that’s willing to learn, to be around always and have a really good person as a GM. I also know Jubis didn’t take you “because he was tired”. He was very proud and excited to be able to select you.... So sad to see this as a response. Welcome to the world of having a goalie as your player. 

Looking around the league, as well as discussions myself, the goalie market is extremely quiet because a majority of teams have a goalie. Maybe even all of them so the situation is not different anywhere else. I think Vancouvers current goalie, Spyro, had to take 2-3 seasons to earn his spot.. A lot of goalies have to earn their roles. You can’t be 150-250 TPE and dictating your way through things. Especially since you’re in the VHLM next season. Lol

When I had one of my first players, Blake Campbell, I did a back up role with Stockholm and then earned my time. In my 2nd last season, I won the Shaw and a continental Cup with NYA.. only to be told they were signing someone else.. and that was the end of my career. I retired early instead of playing on a very bad team. 

I would give Jubis and CGY a chance.. teams, circumstances and the league change every single season. You’re in the M next season anyway, so what is the harm in working WITH the GM instead of pulling stunts and working against someone who doesn’t really deserve it.

Just my two thoughts. Maybe three. Either way, that’s what I’d do. I’d be happy to be a member of the Calgary Wranglers. Amazing members make up that team and management!! 

Edited by Banackock