King Struggles in First Games in Vancouver

IamMOOSE

It’s been five games since the regular season began and much like his VHLM career, the torture continues for Kevin King. With only one goal in these first five games, King has fallen back into old patterns. It’s a frustration that’s followed him throughout his career and appears to not be going anywhere anytime soon. He’s getting his minutes, and averaging at least three shots per game, but can’t seem to translate that into success on the ice. All the training and anticipation for this rookie season has evaporated almost instantly as we head into the second half of these first ten games.

It’s a road traveled before, almost seasonally with King. The promise and the effort that goes into his build, making him a better player, and finding the results to be less than favorable in return. For King, and manager Moose, it’s a growing frustration the camp has looming over it. Until King can hit the scoresheet more consistently as a player, the question has to be asked as to whether King will ever be more than an average role player on a roster.

King: "I don't know what the answer is quite honestly. We keep playing our game, we keep training, keep earning keep building. It just hasn't come the way we want it to be. It's incredibly frustrating but, it's part of hockey. Good luck doesn't last forever and bad luck doesn't either. He [Beaviss] made the choice to grab me in draft where he did cause he saw something there, and I just need to validate that decision. Unfortunately, that play hasn't been there."

Edited by IamMOOSE