Claimed:Player Spotlight: Davey Jones

Da Trifecta

Career in the making

Time to do a player spotlight. I will go in and talk about how much Davey has progressed since he first came into the league and positives and negatives involving him.

nhl_g_stamkos_576.jpg

Davey Jones career aspirations:

1. To win a Founder's Cup

2. To play for a major league team

3. To have a long successful career

4. To be inducted into the Hall of Fame

5. Amass 600 career goals

6. Surpass 400 career assists

7. Have above 60% wins in the faceoff circle (career)

8. Become the face of a franchise

Davey has gone on to complete 2 of his top main aspirations so far in his career. He still has a nice list of things that he would like to accomplish and he has 7 more seasons to accomplish such a feat. The 3rd one is still on going as he has had 2 productive careers in the VHLM. He accomplished the first feat in his 1st season in the VHLM with the Bratislava Watchmen. His 2nd season was short in Bratislava and not even halfway into the season, Davey was approached by GM STZ and he asked him what eh thought about being traded. Davey wasn't quite sure as he was loyal to Bratislava and didn't want to leave but then STZ talked about him winning another Founder's Cup and that Yukon was the most likely to do so. So Davey went to the Yukon Rush and won a Founder's Cup in his second season. Davey knows he has a lot of work to do if he wants to complete aspiration number 4. Number 5 will get off to a hot start as Davey will be playing in his first season as a professional and will get the chance to put all of his hard work into effect. Number 6 is a more realistic aspiration and Davey thinks that he will get that one before he gets number 5 complete. It could be possible that they both get completed in the same season but won't be until later in his career. Number 7 is something that is highly possible for Davey as he has already gotten that in the VHLM and will hope to carry over the success in the VHL. Number 8 isn't ready to happen for quite a few more seasons. Kameron Taylor is still the face of this franchise for a few more seasons and he will be the guy. Davey hopes that he can follow in Kameron's footsteps and be a great player for this franchise.

Express.jpg

Season 35 Goals (First pro season):

1. Get at least 20 points (Of which I want more goals than assists.)

2. Be a plus player in the +/- category.

3. Win Rookie of the Year

Now the 1st of these seems to be rather easy as Davey will be facing some lower level talent on the 2nd line. Davey has been working on his scoring as his main focus and it was showing towards the end of his 2nd season in the VHLM. This is something that will be his main focus this coming season in the VHLM and he wants to be known for being a sniper type of player. The 2nd one of these goals seems like it could be possible but Davey has to see enough playing time and capitalize on his chances when he is on the rink. The 3rd goal is something that would be more meaningful to Davey then the 1st two. He wants to make a huge difference for the Express and in doing so, he is hoping that he can capitalize on every possibility to show out for the team. He was drafted 4th overall and wants to show that it was the right pick for them to take him that high over other players who were projected to go higher.

Positives:

1. Scoring is the main feature.

2. Defense is subpar but where it needs to be.

3. Skating is really high.

Negatives:

1. Davey has high goals for this season coming up.

2. Davey is a hot head off the rink.

3. Passing will not be added to anymore.

All in all, I am pretty proud of the short career that Davey Jones has had and hope that success will continue to be on his side. He is truly a great player and I look forward to him being something special in the league. Many others have praised Davey and are hoping that he will storm the league and catch everyone off guard. Davey has been rather successful and as long as the next 7 seasons go as planned, he will be a great player and hopefully get his name called when it comes time for him to be voted into the Hall of Fame. #HOFHopeful

Content: 3/3 - I loved the idea of this and the format of it all. I think this would work out very nicely as a Rookie Profile. However, I think the timing of this made it work really well for Davey. I think the Express have a great future with Jones in the line-up. I'm so happy to see that the site switch hasn't demotivated you. Keep it up, you'll need to bring your A-game if you want to complete all your goals!

Grammar: 2/2 - A couple weak sentences (like starting a sentence with So). Pretty solid overall though.

eh = he

Appearance: 1/1 - Looks Nice

Overall: 6/6

Content: 3/3 - Like STZ said, it seemed a lot like a Rookie Profile, but you gave the format of the piece a different angle, running through the goals. I thought that was a really sweet idea. Best of luck heading into your rookie season and the seasons that follow. Hopefully you get your name in the HoF! If you work hard at it, it's very possible.

Grammar: 2/2 - STZ pointed out the typo, but I would like to see some proper press style when it comes to numbers. So for example:

2 of his top -> two of his top
7 more seasons -> seven more seasons
1st, 2nd, etc -> first, second...

1 to 10 is always spelled out as the word, but anything above 10 is left as the number. No worries about it this piece, but please fix this for anything upcoming.

Appearance: 1/1 - Bright ass picture but it works!

OVERALL: 6/6

FINAL: 6/6

• 2 months later...