Heartbreaker in Philly

youloser1337

The Philadelphia Reapers have missed the playoffs in season 74 of the VHLM. With the Miami Marauders getting 3 of the last 3 games with a record of 32 - 38 - 2 for 66 points. Even though it was impossible for the Reapers to get the spot, they fought hard going 1-1 in their final 2 games for a record of 28-37-7 for 63 points. Here are some reactions from players in the Reapers locker room and a mini interview with Darius Marimoto.

"It's tough when you put everything out on the ice and you come up short to playoffs like that. I wanted to win and help the Reapers but I guess I have to direct my attention to the draft now. If this is my last game with the Reapers I enjoyed every second of it. Being the first team to sign me really gave me a boost in my confidence. I can't wait to get on the ice next season!" - Justin Lose - RW

"I have to say congrats to Miami it was hard fought battle. It sucks we didn't make it into the playoffs this year, but I'm confident in this team. Next year is Phillys year." - Carson Walkers - RW

"Obviously it sucks not making the playoffs. I feel that our team was really coming together at the end of the season. Less than half our roster played the entire season. We got much stronger once we signed new players and filled out our roster. Although our place in the standings might not be considered a success, I think the season was successful because we uncovered new talent I expect to be stars in the future. I can’t thank the players enough for all their effort and hard work. I hope we’re able to get some of them back in a Reapers uniform next season." - DMaximus - GM of the Philadelphia Reapers

Interview

I'm now joined with Darius Marimoto. Thank you so much for your time as you are clearing out your locker. I know its heartbreaking to have your season cut short, but...
How do you feel about missing the playoffs?

"Well, I wouldn't think too much of this season, and more of the seasons to follow. But, we need to learn on our mistakes and use that as a foundation for our focuses next season. That's the bottom line, no silver lining, no candy coating."

Amazing stuff Darius. Speaking of next season...

Do you feel ready to make the jump to the VHL after spending 3 seasons in the VHLM?

"I wouldn't say I'm 100 percent until I hit 250 TPE. I want to make sure that my game is polished and ready for the pressure of the VHL. Next season, I feel like I will be ready to take that next step though."

Thank you for the honest answer Darius. I won't keep you any longer. I appreciate your time and good luck in the future.

"Thank you for hosting this interview." - Darius Marimoto

As I was leaving the locker room I felt the disappointment and down mood amongst the players and coaches. It's a tough pill to swallow that all your work in the season doesn't get you into the playoffs. Hopefully this will be a driving motivation to get back to the playoffs next season!

[Thank you to DMaximus, Darius, and Carson for statements on discord. I appreciate it!]
@DMaximus @dariusmarimotoman @Cwalker