Marauders look to eliminate Aces

fyrefly

It's been quite a run for the Miami Marauders this postseason. After toppling the giant that is the Halifax 21st, they are now looking to send the team that finished second in the league, the Las Vegas Aces, home. Waiver signings have made the difference for Miami this season, with most of their top scorers being hot rookies. Yesterday, we caught up with one of those hot rookies, Sheldon Juniper, after the Marauders' 4-1 loss to the Aces. 

Reporter: Well, Sheldon, that was certainly a disappointing loss. What happened?

Sheldon Juniper: The Aces are a very good team. Nicholas Sunderbruch @NickSunderbruch had a fantastic game, and I guess we just couldn't stop him. We had trouble creating offense, and some guys, including myself, just struggled in all three zones.

Rep.: Tomorrow, you have another chance to eliminate the Aces. What are you doing to prepare?

SJ: I think if we bring the same effort and focus we did the first three games, where we beat them, I think we can get it done. We are a talented team, and we just need everyone to bring it. Some guys have been at their best the entire series, and I want to be that consistent. 

Rep: You've been held off the scoresheet the last two games after being one of the leading scorers in the playoffs. What happened, and what will you do to start putting pucks in the net again?

SJ: I need to start taking smart shots instead of just firing it at the net. Making sure the goalie is screened, or lining myself up for a one-timer. I need to keep getting power play goals, to, as they are easier to score. Overall, I think just focusing on beating the goalie is the way to go. Minott @DreMin15 is a very good goalie, and it takes a good, smart shot to beat him. 

Rep: We know that your friend Linus Zetterstrom @Ledge_and_Dairy is often playing on the other side of the ice. How does this affect your game?

SJ: Linus is a good guy and all, but right now we aren't friends on the ice. If it's my job to score when he's on the ice, it makes me want to score more. We can't let friendship get in the way of a championship right now. 

Rep: Laughs Wow, you really are dedicated. Anyway, thanks for this, Sheldon.

SJ: Yeah, happy Halloween

Rep: You too

406 words