Report: Nykvist Draft Questions Answered

Motzaburger

Lukas Nykvist has emerged as an exciting player to look out for in the upcoming draft. Recently the VHLM rookie has had an interview on the Fan 590:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: "What are your expectations for your placement in the upcoming draft?"

A: “I honestly hope that I can get picked as high as possible. It is such a great honour for me to be already considered for the VHL. I would have no objections to being drafted at any pick and I feel like no matter what I have an opportunity to showcase myself in the VHL in the near future.'

Q: “Would you prefer a North American Conference or a European Conference team to draft you and why?"

A: “Obviously like I said I would be happy to join any team. So far I have loved every bit of playing with Yukon and I would very much enjoy to stay in North America. It is a new place for me and is a great experience. I am very comfortable with the European teams from my side of the pond and that wouldnt hurt either. No matter what I will be the best player I can be. The VHL is where I want to be and I will do whatever it takes to get there."

Q: “Finally, an out of the box question, what would you do if you weren’t a hockey player?"

A: “Ummm, uhhhhh. Um I think I would see myself working in a grocery store or in a cubicle. My grades weren’t the most amazing in school and I would have maybe went to community college. Without hockey I don’t know if I would make it (laughs). Hockey is everything and I’ve always held that as my main priority. Thanks for having me!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nykvist shows a good sense of humour and seriousness about him. He will be one to watch and he seems to be a star in the making. Wether its Helsinki, New York, Cologne or any of the other VHL teams, Nykvist will be a great addition to the prospect pool.