What's new with me

fyrefly

Hey guys. It's me, fyrefly, armed with a new profile pic, and a new media spot. 

I got this profile pic by googling "fyrefly" because that's what we all do, google ourselves. You know you do it, so own up. Anyway, I went to images and two showed up:

image.png.eaa15cf95913f0262c58227ff4a28cee.pngFyrefly (Monstrous Manual)

And because we're all smart people on this site(just kidding), and some of you know about the rage I showed in my last media spot, and you can very clearly see which of these two animals is more badass, you should be able to tell very easily which one I picked. 

image.png.d4cafccc3b1856a3ae74cd498a214d46.pngI picked this one

You're probably now thinking, wow fyrefly, you're so fucking funny. In a sarcastic sort of way. And if you are, thank you. I've been called much worse

So now that I've made this badass little bug my profile pic, and I told everyone about it here, I am now forced to get on with the writing of the weekly media spot. So here we go. 

So I'm just going to go through some of my early experiences in the VHL. I know it's a mess up there^ , but bear with me and don't give me a 2/10 on your reviews just yet. 

Why I gave my player a boring ass name

Sheldon Juniper is a boring name. Sheldon I got from the show Young Sheldon, which I thought was an okay show but I thought the name of the real smart kid was cool. And Juniper is just something I got off a name generator somewhere. Still, a boring name compared to the likes of Thadius Sales, Cabe McJake, and Pistil Stamen. 

I've also been thinking of the name of my second gen, who will come out in like a year. Using McJake's genius formula, I have created the following: David McConnor, Carron McMichael, Ginn McBrock, Kegg McGreg, and Kinnon MacNathan, among others. It's ingenious, and I'll probably do one of those. Or, to spice it up a little, some other ones I made up: Star Bucks and Thor Rag Narrock. I'm still working on it

Getting signed midseason

I had made my player, I was ready to roll in the league. So the site gave me a create a player thread and within two hours I had two offers! Now I was getting excited. I was joining the league. I accepted the offer from the Miami Marauders, who I would eventually win the Founder's Cup with, and all the hype about Juniper was over. I was just another waiver signing. But I kept my excitement, claiming practice facility and welfare at the start of every week because I didn't know anything about the forum and ways to get TPE. Once I got going, started doing pressers, vhl.com stuff, and media spots, I noticed that Juniper's ice time was increasing. This was at the end of the regular season. Then, he hits 120 TPE, and he gets put on the second line for the playoffs, and absolutely rips it up. 

^This is Juniper's create a player thread. My first experience on the site, and a happy one

Drafts

Drafts. Both the VHLM Dispersal Draft and the VHL Entry Draft this year left me with a whole new meaning for the word. Excitement, disappointment, and pure happiness are among the feelings you go through as your player's name gets called. In the VHLM dispersal draft, Juniper fell from the late first round to the late second round, something that prompted me to make a rant media spot about it. I have a pretty short temper, so I really let loose in that one. The next day, in the VHL draft, my anger was soothed by the Vancouver Wolves, who reached to draft me in the mid second round. I'm grateful to Beav for having such confidence in a non-discord member, and it's my goal to prove he made the right choice(major cliche alert lmfao). 

The future

And now I predict the future. I'm playing next season, which starts next Wednesday I believe, for the Yukon Rush. A team that was a contender last year, but also scraped together some picks for the draft, so probably a contender again. I expect Juniper, being a first liner on the Rush, to get 50 goals. Not the humblest of expectations, but necessary to motivate me to keep earning like crazy. I expect San Diego to win the Cup, as they got an insane amount of talent at the draft, and I'll bet I make the jump to Vancouver next season. 

700 something words