Traded

Mason

Traded

It was definitely a little upsetting to come back to the site after taking a break from sim leagues and see that the team that had drafted me just a season before had made the decision to trade me to another team. I can understand why the move was made from Helsinki's perspective because I hadn't earned anything in some time and the team needs to make the move that works best for them, but at the same time I had hoped to spend my whole career with the Titans and become one of their best players of all time. That wasn't to be and instead, Gabriel Akerstrom will start again with a new team; the Vancouver Wolves. Vancouver is a long way from Helsinki but from what he can tell it seems like his career will be in good hands with the management in Vancouver, with the team currently being the cup champions at the time of writing. He hopes that he will be able to make a name for himself with the team and show them that they made the right move when they decided to trade for him; when one door closes another opens, and Gabriel hopes he can do everything he can to make the most of this new opportunity.

(214 words)

3 hours ago, Mason said:

Traded

It was definitely a little upsetting to come back to the site after taking a break from sim leagues and see that the team that had drafted me just a season before had made the decision to trade me to another team. I can understand why the move was made from Helsinki's perspective because I hadn't earned anything in some time and the team needs to make the move that works best for them, but at the same time I had hoped to spend my whole career with the Titans and become one of their best players of all time. That wasn't to be and instead, Gabriel Akerstrom will start again with a new team; the Vancouver Wolves. Vancouver is a long way from Helsinki but from what he can tell it seems like his career will be in good hands with the management in Vancouver, with the team currently being the cup champions at the time of writing. He hopes that he will be able to make a name for himself with the team and show them that they made the right move when they decided to trade for him; when one door closes another opens, and Gabriel hopes he can do everything he can to make the most of this new opportunity.

(214 words)

Gonna miss you in Helsinki! Good luck in Vancouver!

Best wishes with Vancouver @Mason. I am confident you will thrive with the Wolves. I love nothing more than for the Titans to be built with in house talent, but in this case an opportunity presented itself and we decided to pull the trigger on a deal that made sense for both clubs. I hope you can use this as motivation going forward and give us everything we can handle when the Titans and Wolves match-up. Thank you for your time with the Titans!