#AsktheBouch: First Round of the Founders Cup (Yukon Rush)

Gaikoku-hito

1607863311_RobertBouchardVHLMPhiladelphiaReapers.jpg.09c225641c60d79d590b50ac14bcf2a4.jpg

The last time that we sat down with Robert Bouchard of the Philadelphia Reapers in his rookie season was all the way back at the half way mark of his rookie season. Now at the end of the regular season we once again sit down to get his current thoughts as he continues to progress towards his VHL career and into the VHLM Play-offs for the first time.

So here we are the regular season has wrapped up and how do you feel the regular season went?

RB: Well, It was an interesting season with a few up and down along the way both from a personal stand point and a team stand point. We would have loved to finish first in the league but Mexico was simple too good this season but they were also in the other conference so they were not really our focus as we focused first on making the play-offs and finish first in our conference; Which we accomplished.

From a points stand point how would your rank your season?

RB: Overall, It might look impressive from the outside with 109pts but I must admit that I am disappointed not by maintaining the overall scoring lead but by the fact that I was inconsistent down the stretch. Yes, This might have been down due to the fact that I spend a good part of the second part of the season on the second line but I think I actually scored more points overall while actually being placed in that role rather then first line as it allowed me to get away from the other teams top forwards and Defensive pairs. Once placed back on the first line we struggled towards the end to collect points with a few breakout games here and there. Since I am counted on to drive the offensive this isn’t what the team expects or I expect of myself so again 109pts is nice but it would have been nicer if I was more consistent while collecting those 109pts.

You also scored 46 goals this season, Are you extremely happy with this number?

RB: No, While I am surprised that I scored so much as I started the season as a play-maker and worked on my scoring throughout the season. I am actually disappointed that my inconsistency actually cost me a 50 goal season. No one will remember the 46 goal scorer but they would have remembered the 50 goal score in 72 games. 

Up next is the play-offs against the Yukon Rush, What are you expecting from the first round?

RB: I am not going to be over confident here and say that we will handle them easily as they have a very strong tender in Kloxified @Kloxified; who should keep us honest as the series progresses. We will need to keep the pressure on him from the start of the series if we are going to be successful. We also have to watch out for Fairchild @GreenGato, Derek @DirtyDerek and Schmitdt @Kmatt. While on paper we it looks like we have them handled anything can happen in the actual games and if we are not careful we could be golfing sooner then we would like.

The series is expected to continue as we continue to follow the progress of Robert Bouchard and his Philadelphia Reapers as the progress in the VHLM play-offs in #AsktheBouch.

(561 words)

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

46 goals is no joke, the M is loaded with shooters this season though so it's understandable wanting to get to 50 and be one of the best puck launchers (10th in goals had 42, 13 players above 40 👀 - last season only 8 had that many) 

Good title, easy to read and the information gathered is well used. Keep up the good work and don't forget to shoot the puck 👍🏼

20 hours ago, 16z said:

46 goals is no joke, the M is loaded with shooters this season though so it's understandable wanting to get to 50 and be one of the best puck launchers (10th in goals had 42, 13 players above 40 👀 - last season only 8 had that many) 

Good title, easy to read and the information gathered is well used. Keep up the good work and don't forget to shoot the puck 👍🏼

It was a very strong season for a lot of players as you mention, which will make the VHL more exciting as we all move up in the next season or two. Is it going to bring about a new golden era of scoring?

• Gaikoku-hito changed the title to #AsktheBouch: First Round of the Founders Cup (Yukon Rush)