Treachery

JigglyGumballs

You might be wondering as to why this article is called "Treachery". What the fuck did Jiggs do this time? Does @Spartan need to fire him? Well the short answer is probably but it's not because of this article. This is a WJC based article after all. And it's something I wanted to write about since last season. As you may or may not have known depending or not if you give a shit about the WJC (you should totally give a shit about the WJC btw, might end up in a roster one day), I have been selected as the GM of Team World for the 2nd season in a row. And what's relevant about that? Well my current and only player as a member of the VHL is Canadian, and this article is all about why in terms of tournaments like the WJC, I've gone ahead and denounced my player's and my own Canadian-ness of sorts in favour of going full Mr. Worldwide.

So to start us off, let's take a short blast to the past to the season of 73. Back then I was max earning my way to the 250 TPE cap as a member of the Ottawa Lynx, the WJC was something I've barely heard of. I don't remember if it was because someone offhandedly remarked about it in a LR or it was the GM openings or something, but the WJC came into my radar and I realized that there was a chance I might sneak into a roster. I'm pretty sure I was around 200 TPE or so at the time, maybe less or more, but there was a good chance of me actually making a roster. With my player being Canadian, I automatically hoped that I'll make that roster. Long story short, I didn't. Instead I made the roster of Team World. The ragtag bunch of leftovers and others. We ended up winning bronze that season, and ironically beating Canada for that bronze medal game. It was at this time where I got hooked into Team World. The idea of missing out on your country's team and having a second chance at another was something I really liked. And I took the win against Canada for bronze as my player saying fuck you to the team that didn't select him. And so that's how the treachery began.

Come next season and my goal for next WJC was simple, become the GM of World and continue my path of being a traitor to my country. I ended up getting the job, and to my surprise, World started off 6-0. Eventually the team would make it all the way to the gold medal game which ultimately lead in us losing and getting silver. Still better than Canada since they got robbed of bronze by the US who World defeated. I achieved my goal of building off World's "success" from last season and getting a better standing while again saying fuck you to Canada for no reason other than that I find the narrative of Team World fun. The idea of missing out on your country's roster and getting a second chance with World makes things from a narrative perspective fun as you get a chance to say fuck you to your Country/Continent if World does well.

And now we have this season, rosters are being filled out, and I can guarantee that World will have players who have missed out from their countries. The same narrative will play out again and hopefully, this time, we can win gold. A collective fuck you to everyone else. So uh... to the other WJC GMs out there, I'm coming for your leftovers.

(616 word .com article. Yay...)