Claimed:Looking at the VHLM draft

Will

• Senior Admin

A Look Into the VHLM Dispersal Draft

nhl-draft3.jpg

A shitty picture from someones shitty Motorola flip phone, showing last years draft.

With the first round of the Season 39 playoffs soon to come to a close, we will be one step closer to what is shaping up to me one of the most exciting off-seasons in recent league history. I'm sure, by now, you have heard all the excitement and anticipation surrounding the Season 40 VHL Entry Draft. However, that is not what I want to talk about today. I want to speak about something that has been largely overshadowed by it's big brother; the S40 VHLM Dispersal Draft. 

Now, the fact of the matter is that nobody really cares that much about VHLM Drafts. Maybe it's because players only play their for a season or two at best? Who knows. Regardless, nearly every single player will go through the VHLM Dispersal Draft, and it is instrumental to the future of the league. Which is why, I suppose, I'm not sure why it never gets mentioned. This season, we have a fantastic draft shaping up. In turn, that means there is a multitude of fantastic players who will be, in a season or two, moving up the VHL. There is, without a doubt, a correlation between the quality of the VHLM Dispersal Draft and the next generation of VHL superstars. 

Anyways, that's enough rambling on. Let's get into the actual draft. As of now, there are 43 prospects eligible to be entered into the Season 40 VHLM Dispersal Draft. Of those 43 prospects, 29 of them have updated at least once. While that may seem like a low number considering the number of prospects, remember, that is nearly three full rounds of players with at least some TPE numbers. It's also worth mentioning that some of the prospects who are currently at 0 haven't yet been updated due to it being playoff time. Another great fact about this draft is that we currently have 15 prospects who are at 50 TPE or above. 

In total, this draft class is currently at 1429 combined TPE. Comparatively, last season's VHLM Dispersal Draft had approximately 1800 combined TPE. I think, however, there is still time for this class to catch up and even surpass that. There was also a lot more of recreates in last season's draft, such as Faraday, Richardson, O'Malley, etc. So that definitely would have had an impact on the total TPE numbers. 

This draft features a ton of promising, active, and overall fantastic first-generation players. He is just a few from the top of the list currently:

Sachimo Zoidberg - RW - 116 TPE

Oskars Harumpf - C - 98 TPE

Danny Schnieder - D - 68 TPE

Alecs van der Muerder - C - 66 TPE

Till Baumann - C - 51 TPE

Bobby Ricky - RW - 62 TPE

Mikko Koskinen - RW - 65 TPE

Niklas Kurri - C - 37 TPE

While I would love to name them all, I am way too lazy. That was just a few, and there are certainly many more, to give you an idea of some of the super cool guys that will be getting drafted in just a few short weeks. 

Edited by Draper

• Senior Admin

Woah don't get all conspiracist on me now. 

I really just chose some guys off the top of my head that I know are beauties. However, in an effort to strengthen Oslo-Brampton relations, I will add them :)

Content: 3/3 It was good to see you getting the first gens in here. Also I like how you inputted the TPE to show where everyone is at. This draft is going to be pretty solid. Just wished there was more competition in this draft.

Grammar: 2/2 Nothing I could see here

Appearance: 1/1

FINAL: 6/6