Hlozek to Spend Final VHLM Season With Miami

Bojovnik

Czech defenseman Jan Hlozek will ply his trade in Florida in S77, as the eighth overall pick in the VHL Entry Draft was selected by the Miami Marauders in the first round of last night's VHLM draft.

Hlozek had previously spoken of his desire to remain with the Saskatoon Wild, the team on which he began his career in the VHLM one season ago, although the Topolna native said that he would have to adjust to the change.

"It's interesting, I spoke in the media about my desire to stay in Saskatoon. I didn't really get any GMs come talking to me, so maybe I thought they had seen my comments in the press, but I guess that wasn't the case. It's kind of disappointing, as I feel that I had unfinished business with the Wild, but I'll get over it and focus on the season," Hlozek said speaking from his home the morning after the draft.

The Miami Marauders finished in second spot in the eastern conference in S76, although they fell to the Yukon Rush in seven games in their opening playoff series.

Hlozek, who signed a three-year contract with the Riga Reign two days ago, is set to play one more season in the VHLM before making the jump to the pros.

Edited by Bojovnik