Hextall stays with Toronto for his final season

ROOKIE745

This off-season was probably the closest Hextall came to leaving the Legion but the veteran netminder decided to stay. He's played his entire career with the team and has made the choice to end it there, but one has to wonder why if there were other factors than just staying loyal Toronto. We reached out to him for a comment "It was a long and hard thought process, I took a deep look at other rosters and where they are, and like I've said most teams are pretty set with their goalie position so even the teams I would have like to go to didn't need me. Vancouver was the team I was looking at the most but while I think they might be better in an area or two, Toronto is going to have a better defense and I love the depth of our team, everyone is coming together and working hard, harder than I've ever see. I think we're going to be very dangerous with every line and from anywhere on the ice."

With Hextall staying with the team he can continue to move up the Legion history books. Besides that though his comment about the depth of the team is true, three solid lines and four great defensemen. Lines are still up to changing but so far the first line is: Anigbogu - Green - Odinsson /second line: Sunderbruch - Reinhart - Sens /Third line: Funk Jr - Weiss - Webber The talent is well spread out with two solid scoring lines and third line that will keep you on yours toes. Kaberle-Welch / Upton-Giant are your defense pairings and they are all rated highly for defensemen. All we can do now is wait for the season to start to see how the team performs.

(word count 292)