dear diary

fishy

Dear diary,

If you’re reading this, it means you’ve found a page of my diary. If that’s the case, please stop reading now. My last entry is… gone. I don’t know what happened to it, but I really think the binding on this notebook needs to be replaced.

I’m working with the Victory Hockey Times now. I have been for a while, and let me tell you, I think they should make a show about that publication. Like, a documentary-style show. The head publisher right now is Bobo, a 55-year-old man who walked away from an insanely successful music career to start a newspaper publication. What’re the odds, right?

Bobo is an oddity. He talks to himself sometimes, kind of like he’s still wearing the boo-bops* and vibing along with the track. However, no matter how many times I check to see if he’s wearing earbuds or anything like that, there’s nothing.

Not long ago, Bobo was having a “vibe sesh” in his office, as he does every now and then. He always buys a muffin before locking the door to his office and playing his music. I don’t know what goes on in there, but he lives for the vibe sesh, so I fully support it. He always comes back to work with a better attitude afterward.

So I guess that’s VHT? I don’t know, I do my editing and dip most of the time.

Today was a pretty good day. I’ve been enjoying the offseason and having a chance to actually do things that I enjoy doing. Today is the first day of Spring, and the weather was quite enjoyable. I set up my hammock, listened to some music, and let myself forget about hockey for a little while. Being away from work, as much as I love playing the game, is always a blessing.

Apparently the locker room was a bit quiet today. Our captain, Mingle, decided to sleep all day I think. Maybe he’s picking up Xin’s sleeping schedule - and if that’s the case, we’re all doomed. One of our locker room pals was pretty much MIA, off on a little vacation or whatever, so really it was just a handful of people bitching about the news. There’s always something - undoubtedly, someone will have made a pot of tea and be waiting for the crew to roll up to the LR. It’s like the universe wants us to enjoy tea.

It’s kind of late now, and I’m finishing out my day by continuing to do nothing.

‘Til next time

- matty

* - this phrase refers to the “in-ear monitors” (according to my pal, please don’t ask me about it (and if you do I’ll know you didn’t follow the initial instructions to stop reading, so now what are you going to do? huh??)) that artists wear when they are performing live. It plays a track with the down beats and important stuff. I didn’t like the phrase “in-ear monitors” so I created a better one. It’s my diary, I can do what I want.