Back in the Saddle again

bigAL

I'm back at it. Living la vida AGM. After a long hiatus, bigAL is back assisting the general manager of a team. This time, it's the DCD in the VHL. It's been a long time since S73 (74?) when I left the Miami Marauders for the sad, sad reality of not being in management. I quit completely because I moved far away and didn't have internet for a long time.

MAGMing is awesome. Like MGMing, it's a whole different beast than working in the big leagues. As a VHL AGM, my role isn't too different than it was as team captain. Sometimes I'll post press conference questions - before it was because I wanted 2 TPE NOW, and now it's because it's my job. Before, I'd comment on game threads and follow along with the excitement because our team is hype; now I have to try extra hard to hype because it's my job and also the team is bad. Before I'd tell the GM to go sign a big ticket free agent because I love dlamb, now I get to hear the GM musing to himself in a locked channel about signing and trading for players. My role is mostly a yes man, and not because I have no spine, but because my GM is really good at his job. I won't tag him here though, his head is too big already. I won't even type his name so when he vanity searches he won't find this.

241 words