VHL.COM ARTICLE---- What I think the VHL needs

ThatsGreissy

What I think the VHL needs

For those of you that done know me, i just graduated from college with an advanced degree in sport management.  Through this program, i have learned many valuable things about sport and how to manage leagues and tournaments amongst other things. One important thing i Learned during my time in school was the importance of social media. Social media is the backbone of many sports organization worldwide, and it is such because of its ability to quickly and effectively disperse important information to the public. 

Heres why i think this pertains to the VHL. Through completing a basic google search, it is clear the VHL does not have much of a social media presence. But thats understandable, it is a difficult thing to manage and it takes a lot of time. But I think, with the right people, social media could exponentially grow this league. 

What the VHL should do?

I think the VHL should hire a handful of social media personnel from the league, and create a social media presence on Instagram. Instagram has quickly become one of the most used social media platforms and many professional teams and gaming teams/leagues use it daily to market themselves. If the VHL were to create an instagram, we could post scores, updates, important new and articles about the league and try to market ourselves into a new growth phase. The position of social media team could offer a weekly TPE allowance, and a further recommendation would be to create a un-capped TPE task that anyone can participate in where players send in potential social media posts that could be used by the social media team. 

If any VHL admin read this and would like to discuss the idea further and in more depth, please feel free to reach out to me in the forum or on Discord at Bastian Greiss#1693

1 hour ago, ThatsGreissy said:

What I think the VHL needs

For those of you that done know me, i just graduated from college with an advanced degree in sport management.  Through this program, i have learned many valuable things about sport and how to manage leagues and tournaments amongst other things. One important thing i Learned during my time in school was the importance of social media. Social media is the backbone of many sports organization worldwide, and it is such because of its ability to quickly and effectively disperse important information to the public. 

Heres why i think this pertains to the VHL. Through completing a basic google search, it is clear the VHL does not have much of a social media presence. But thats understandable, it is a difficult thing to manage and it takes a lot of time. But I think, with the right people, social media could exponentially grow this league. 

What the VHL should do?

I think the VHL should hire a handful of social media personnel from the league, and create a social media presence on Instagram. Instagram has quickly become one of the most used social media platforms and many professional teams and gaming teams/leagues use it daily to market themselves. If the VHL were to create an instagram, we could post scores, updates, important new and articles about the league and try to market ourselves into a new growth phase. The position of social media team could offer a weekly TPE allowance, and a further recommendation would be to create a un-capped TPE task that anyone can participate in where players send in potential social media posts that could be used by the social media team. 

If any VHL admin read this and would like to discuss the idea further and in more depth, please feel free to reach out to me in the forum or on Discord at Bastian Greiss#1693

Ooo boy this is giving me memories of when I tried to actually contribute to the VHL twitter account.

Joking aside, I'm all for this ngl. There were talks about potentially being more active on Instagram and more so Twitter in hopes of potentially using it as a form of recruitment. Reddit was honestly a good place to recruit until certain circumstances happened. Though yeah a better social media presence is much appreciated. Problem is that burnout happens way too often. As those who want to try and run VHL social media often are doing other things in both irl and in the VHL. 

1 hour ago, bigAL said:

AhhHHHHhhhh green font, it sounds like there's good ideas in there but I can't read them

https://www.amazon.com/Blocking-Glasses-Computer-Reading-Eyestrain/dp/B07W781XWF/ref=zg_bs_17919093011_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZMJK5GQNFX6XK3S8XJGN

It helps, trust me :cheers:

Just now, frescoelmo said:

Our principal is seriously thinking about buying these for all my online students because the dumb kids refuse to take 30 seconds every hour to look out the window and away from the screen ugh

6 minutes ago, bigAL said:

Our principal is seriously thinking about buying these for all my online students because the dumb kids refuse to take 30 seconds every hour to look out the window and away from the screen ugh

Yeah I noticed a dramatic difference after wearing them, especially during work.