Kevin Malone Appreciation Post

Spartan

Alright, out of my own free will and totally not because I was requested to do so, I've decided to write about Moscow's starting goaler, THE Mr. Kevin Malone also known as @WentzKneeFan036

So Malone has enjoyed a pretty decent season considering he's on a team openly rebuilding. In 40 games, he's won 20 of them, and 3 of them were lost in OT or a shootout. He sports a .922 save percentage, and a GAA of 3.23. Also had one shutout in the first sim and then never got one. But I think Moscow's success this season, despite the sheer amount of youth and fresh faces on the team, has largely relied on the efforts of Malone. While his save percentage and GAA won't crack the top 10 in the leaders of the respective categories, he is in the top 10 for wins - tied with the likes of Stone Wolski, Jaxx Hextall, and even the player he was traded for, Jacob Tonn. Truly a remarkable performance by Malone to keep his team in close games and bail out our young defense.

Also, a slight change from the mildly satirical approach that I started this piece with. I know that it's difficult for a goalie to be staring at the starting spot on a team looking to be competitive for the next couple of seasons, and then get traded out of the blue to a team that is in the infant stages of a rebuild. Especially for a S74 player nearly halfway through his career. It's not the most desirable situation to be in, but I just have to praise eagles for his overall support and patience with the process. He's been nothing but respectful and direct when communicating with me about how he feels, and we've had some productive conversations as a result. I will always respect people who are direct and effective with their communication, as it's a skill few have and it's even more difficult to put into practice. But Eagles has been great in those regards, and I can't express how much I appreciate it and his overall presence in our locker room. 

Edited by Spartan