cole newhook alternate reality

mediocrepony

COLE NEWHOOK ALTERNATE REALITY

As you may know, Newhook is a backup scorer. Not a flashy, point getter, but would be a solid 3rd liner in the NHL. But what could have happened if he was? A bigger Moscow dynasty? Even larger winning margins in the regular season? A dynamic duo with Mikko Lahtinen @Beketov? Let's find out.

THE VHLM:
Newhook lights it up in his first season, nabbing 43 points in 32 games as a rookie. He got up to 153 TPE, and generated attention from many VHL teams. He was traded after the draft from Saskatoon to Philadelphia for 2 first round picks. In Philadelphia, Newhook plays 82 games, and generates 53 goals and 69 assists, finishing in the top five in points, assists, and goals. The reapers made the advanced past the first round, but was defeated by Halifax in the second. Newhook got up to 270 TPE. In the VHL draft, he was prioritized by many teams, yet Moscow still picked him up in the first round. He stayed down one more year in the M, getting to 389 TPE and racking up 70+ goals and assists, leading the league by 30+ points.

THE VHL:

YEAR 1

Moscow was already a feared team even before Newhook joined the team. Then, they got better. In his first year, Newhook tied all rookies with 78 points, only tying @McWolf's S.S. Hornet. However, Newhook had 3 more goals and 12 less PIM, which earned him the rookie of the year award. Moscow got to the finals, but lost to the Seattle Bears. Newhook got up to 531 TPE.

YEAR 2

Moscow won the Victory Cup, Newhook beat out all other S72 draftees with 102 points, including 49 goals and 53 assists. Moscow once again advanced to the finals and this time, defeated Vancouver in 5 games. Asked to comment on his season, Newhook only had good things to say: "I have great teammates on Moscow, and they really are helping me achieve these point totals. I still think I could be better, but only time will tell. I'm still young, and am looking forward to my future on the Menace." Newhook reached 671 TPE.

Year 3

Moscow once again won the Victory Cup, winning 60 games and only 12 losses, the rest coming in overtime. Cole Newhook once again improved upon his point totals getting 118 points, 58 goals and 60 assists, coming in second in points, goals and assists, only to Mikko Lahtinen, also on Moscow. Cole Newhook inks an extension worth 4 million for 3 years, and gets up to 839 TPE. Moscow wins their second  championship title in a row, defeating Seattle in 6 games. 

Year 4

For the third year in a row, Moscow won both the Victory Cup and Continental Cup. Newhook puts up less points than last year, but only by one goal. Lahtinen put up 4 more points than the previous year. He reaches 1021 TPE.

Year 5

This year, Moscow does not win the Victory Cup, losing to the Warsaw Predators by 5 points. However, they keep up their winning streak, with Newhook earning 27 points in the playoff games, leading Moscow to their 4th title in 4 years. Newhook reaches 1138 TPE, and hits new highs in the regular season, getting 127 points, 61 goals and 66 assists.

Year 6

Lahtinen, @Spartan's Alex Letang and others left the team, signaling the start of a Moscow rebuild. Newhook went down in points but only barely, hitting 125 points, and still reaching 60-60. Newhook wins MVP, and Moscow squeezed into the playoffs, and defeated powerhouse Warsaw Predators in the first round, but lost in the second round. Newhook reaches 1300 TPE. 
Year 7

NEWHOOK'S FINAL YEAR

In a huge tank year, Newhook still put up 100+ points, without too much help due to the blown up roster. he hit 62 goals, and only 40 assists. He had 14 GWG out of Moscow's 28 wins, showing how big of a deal he was for the team. He ended his career at 1381 TPE. 

Cole Newhook was inducted into the VHL Hall of Fame.

(690 words)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler