Dawson Sticking Around

Toast

With the trade deadline looming, Seattle finds themselves in an extremely competitive North American division. The team picked up some pieces for the future when they shipped Phil “the Rock” Johnson to Calgary with picks coming back. Looking over Seattle’s roster it’s surprising which young player they decided was going to be the expendable one. With trouble finding places on the team, that was listed as the main reason that the Bears moved Phil. Looking at other players on the roster it’s surprising that the Bears did not move rookie Phoenix Dawson who is at the bottom of the team with a -14. With players like Isabella Campbell at a +18 it would not take much for anyone to realize that Dawson has been a liability in 5-on-5 situations for the team.

“I’m just doing my best to grow as a player,” said Dawson. “There are definitely games that have been tougher on me this season but that’s just part of becoming a better player. I know that with the opportunity I will become one of the greats in Seattle’s history. We just need to focus on the games coming after the deadline and I believe that we can finish this season as #1 in the NA.”