Hextall getting ready to say goodbye

ROOKIE745

The regular season is nearing it's end, and for Hextall their is no wondering what next season will bring for him. This is it, the final end of season for the veteran netminder. Hexy has been taking extra time after every game to sigh pucks, jerseys, hockey sticks and anything else you can think of, Jaxx Hextall is the face of the franchise and we won't see him in any more regular season games. Fans are cherishing these final games for him, lots of waving between Jaxx and the crowd and he says he's going to remember every moment. "We have the best fans of any VHL team, and I want to appreciate them for cheering me every step of the way, I've grown a lot and learned a lot and getting to do it front of these fans has been a true pleasure."

Hexy is on track to finish this season with some of his best numbers, 32 wins is a career high, .921 save percentage and 163 goals against. Hexy probably has the best defense he's ever had in front of him, something he hasn't had for most of his career. 2067 shots against is on track to be the lowest or near the lowest he's ever faced. The one shutout is probably something Hextall isn't happy about but he has had one every season. Finally Hextall hit a milestone, reaching 450 games played and the last major milestone he'll reach in his career and with Toronto. Let's wish Hextall luck in the playoffs.

(word count 255)