Will Luke Thornton set a rare franchise record for the Calgary Wranglers?

For those who does not know, Luke Thornton loves to hit in games. He has multiple 10 hit games in the VHL and his favorite number for each game is 8 hits, it's his magical number for hits in a game. He has been hitting since the VHLM, but has took another level ever since playing with the Calgary Wranglers.

In his very first season, he got himself 187 hits. In his second season, he went all the way up to 292 hits in the 75 season. In his third season in his rookie deal, he reach 330 hits and was top 2 in the league in hits in season 76. This season he has 325 hits, 5 less than last season. Keep in mind, a lot of players on his team actually hits and he had a very very bad start in this season. Who knows, I really do believe Luke Thornton would of had 390 hits if he did not suck as bad as he did in te first 27 games he had.

Right now he alraedy as 1134 hits in 4 season in the VHL and he only has 500 penalty minutes....''only''. I mean having less than half the amount of hits for penalty minutes is quite decent. Luke Thornton still has 4 more season remaining, which 3 with the Calgary Wranglers. He is on pace for more than 2000 hits which is quite a milestone to hit in most franchises.

Looking at the player stats record. Luke Thornton will probably not end up being number 1 in hits per game since he will far surpass the other players in games played, but he for sure got a shot to take the number 1 spot in the Calgary Wranglers franchises history! And he will be the quickest to do so as well.

Believe it or not, he is already in the top 6 in the record books in only 288 games! Let us see the 5 others in front of him

RJ Jubis

Jubis was not really known as a hitter, but he still reached the 1.2k hits plateau. He was more of a point maching, but he is for sure going to have his name in some HOFs conversations in the future. Luke Thornton should pass him up next season easily.

Jardy Bunclewirth

I don't know who the fuck he is, but 689 points in 432 games and 1.2k hits? I'm guessing he was a HOF for sure. Luke Thornton should easily pass him up next season.

J.D Stormwall

He has a great name. 469 points in 389 ames with 1.3k hits. If Luke Thornton can reach 340 next season, he will pass him up. Damn, that name sounds great wtf.

Lars Intranquilo

Bro these people got creative names in the old days. He only had 406 points in 486 games, but he was a d d-men. He almost hit 1k shots blocked and he almost had 1.5k hits, but he was a -235! Jesus how many years were you on a bad team my dude. That must have been a full career being bottom in the league! Because he was in a very bad team, maybe that's why he is second all time in hits.

Clark Marcellin

The number one guy. A stud for the Calary Wranglers in his days. A top 5 player in history possibly. He did reach 1742. 650 points in 504 games too and he ad 474 shots blocked as a FORWARD. (I can not look up at very old players page so I can not confirm if he was a d-men or forward.

Anyway, this shows Luke Thornton can reach 2000 hits if he keeps getting 330 hits seasons and can establish himself number 1 in a stat for the team franchise history in this modern age. He is very excited to have the chance establish a franchise record, but he only has 3 seasons to do it for the team. Will he make it? We shall see

Jk, this was a cool article! Makes me realize Calgary must not have had a lot of career players since that generation. I'm surprised to see Bunclewirth in the Top 5 of Wrangler hits. Far less surprised to see @diamond_ace 's players there though.

And J.D. Stormwall is in fact a legend, as is @Zero.

4 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Lars Intranquilo

Bro these people got creative names in the old days. He only had 406 points in 486 games, but he was a d d-men. He almost hit 1k shots blocked and he almost had 1.5k hits, but he was a -235! Jesus how many years were you on a bad team my dude. That must have been a full career being bottom in the league! Because he was in a very bad team, maybe that's why he is second all time in hits.

This was me, so I'll explain the -235. GM player tied to the team. Took over GMing from @JardyB10 as we were going into a rebuild, and when I'd gotten us back to the top, I'd retire Intranquilo and bring out Marcellin.

4 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Clark Marcellin

The number one guy. A stud for the Calary Wranglers in his days. A top 5 player in history possibly. He did reach 1742. 650 points in 504 games too and he ad 474 shots blocked as a FORWARD. (I can not look up at very old players page so I can not confirm if he was a d-men or forward.

Hi, also me. Center for 5 seasons, Defense for 2 (retired in 7, again for GM reasons, needed a goalie and created Martin Brookside).

Great article man!! Love the Wrangler history write up and you’ve been a key player now. I think you’ll end high on some of the stats ;) but great research here. Liked this article a lot and how nicely you did it! Keep it up!!! 8/10