Claimed:Don Draper Starts VHL Career

Will

• Senior Admin

Draper Begins VHL Career

qLXReQs.png

After spending two full seasons playing for the Yukon Rush in the VHLM, defensive powerhouse Don Draper has made the move to the VHL. Here is a quick recap of how he got there. 

After announcing his entrance to the VHLM, just before the Season 37 Dispersal Draft, Don Draper was drafted 10th overall to the Yukon Rush. After a shaky start, Draper quickly emerged as one of the leagues premier players. He grew immensely that season. He took home his first Founder's Cup, with Yukon, and he was then drafted to the Helsinki Titans at 3rd overall in the Season 38 VHL Entry Draft. After meeting with the management team in Helsinki, it was decided that it would be best for Draper to spend a second season the minor leagues. So, back to Yukon he went. This season, Draper captained the team to their second straight Founder's Cup. Now, after being named as an Assistant Captain in the off-season, he has made the move to Helsinki and has competed in his first few VHL games. 

Thus far this season, we have seen Draper play some pretty good hockey. While he is certainly still adjusting to playing against high-calibre players, he has held is own fairly well so far. With good reason, Don Draper is a favorite for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy, awarded to the Rookie of the Year. He is simply more experienced and seasoned than the rest of the Season 39 rookie class. As of this moment, with eight games played, Draper is averaging a point per game. Thats three goals and five assists for a total of eight points. Perhaps more important is Draper's impressive number of blocked shots, currently at 23 which is good enough for second in the league. Although he doesn't usually do any interviews, we managed to get a phone call through to Draper for a few questions:

0d7a65367f9d4e30_don-draper-on-phone-xla

Q: You are considered one of the favorites for the Christian Stolzschweiger award this season, how much extra pressure does that put on you?

A: It would put a lot of extra pressure on me, if I allowed it to. However, I try to focus on just playing a good game and forgetting about everything else until I'm off the ice. It has to be like that, really, because if not it will just be distracting and cloud your judgement.

Q: What is it like playing for the Titans? How are your teammates? Your GM?

A: Playing for the Titans is fantastic. Its such a beautiful city with amazing fans. As for my teammates, they are also great. Our locker room has such a good energy, it's almost like a different world when you walk in. It's so easy to just leave everything else at the door. General Manager Wong has also been fantastic. I have known him for awhile now and he has helped me tremendously throughout my career in both the VHL and VHLM.

Well, that was all we were allowed to ask. As I mentioned before, it's very rare that Draper allows interviews. For the Helsinki Times, I'm Adriano Tukio. 

• Senior Admin

Well we know you wont....

Also if its not done by 12AM tonight Im doing it myself, someone can check it if they are concerned ;)

Edited by Draper

• Senior Admin

Content: 3/3

Wow man, thats a great article! 524 words. You were really lucky to be that surprise draft pick by Yukon back in S37, as it allowed you to get to championships in the first 2 seasons of your very first player. In a couple seasons, I think Draper will be one of the top d-men in the league!

Grammar: 2/2
Nothing, nice work!

Appearance: 1/1
Looks great to me bud!

Overall: 6/6

Feel free to check ma work ;)

Edited by Draper