What the VHLE Commishes have been up to

Victor

• Admin

It has been wonderful to see people's thoughts on the VHLE during this theme week but I appreciate you may not have heard too much from the league's commissioners, @Acydburn and myself, in a while. So in an effort to maintain that communication and simultaneously earn that theme week TPE (this is the type of elite strategic leadership you're getting in the VHLE), I will briefly go through what we have been up to in the meantime.

Logos

As illustrated in my first VHLE media spot a few weeks ago, although the intention is to reuse some logos, not all are the best and there's not enough to warrant going down that path exclusively. Hence the first VHLE poll came out a while back to figure out which cities had the most public support and therefore would be worth asking our talented graphics guys to come up with some concepts. Acyd and I approached @KaleebtheMighty, not as a slight against any other logo makers but because he's shown great enthusiasm recently and we wanted to see what he could come up with. Not only has he come up with the goods for Paris and Berlin (it will probably be Rome Gladiators realistically), but it's also encouraged a few other people to step up and actually give us a few very nice options for both cities. So the next poll either tonight or tomorrow will be specific to Berlin and Paris, to figure out what team names to include in the much anticipated final poll.

GMs

So nothing to actually report on this at the moment, but just to walk through our thought process. Given we are creating something to last for a while and realistically we probably won't see VHLE GMs stick around too long (many I think will be using it as a stepping stone to a VHL role), it makes sense to settle the teams before hiring GMs for them. Plus, the team selection process has been very much a community driven project so far and it will be good to keep it like that. So if you are interested in a VHLE GM role, you will need to wait probably a few more weeks before applications open. But no spots have been allocated in advance so it will be all to fight for when the time comes.

Rules and other fun things

Finally there's a fair amount of rules still to finalise on which work has been ongoing. Some notable items are the treatment of players who are over 200 TPE by their VHLM draft and whether these will be accepted in the VHLE earlier (the likelihood is yes). Also decisions are being made on the quality of CPU players in the E, including goalies and whether a similar backup rule system to the VHL (potentially with an even higher minimum of starts) is implemented. The BOG has been discussing these at length and although you won't likely see separate announcements for them, you will see the finalised rules in the published rulebook which Acyd and I will be working on soon.

An actual VHLE logo

We will also need to soon choose an official logo for the E, which admittedly I haven't been paying too much attention to as the sun and easing of lockdown restrictions has brought out my raging alcoholism again. It's not really urgent matter number one, but there are a few decent options and one will be chosen soon. Nothing else really to report on at the moment.

I am not sure if this got me to 500 words but if not I shall finish on my computer - showcasing my commitment by typing this up on my phone. Much love, your friendly neighbourhood Victator.

• Admin
1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

Gross, a phone MS? 

Also where did you take up drinking? I’m concerned for you.

623 words of phone MS, this might be a hidden talent.

Basically when you left the league I started drinking to fill the gaping void in my heart.