Malmo select 3 in 1st round

Telkster

Intro

To some people’s surprise, Malmo has held onto 3 1st round picks. While this off-season isn’t over yet, it’s unclear if all three players will be in the team long term. The 1st round ended up bouncing all over the place, and I think Malmo took full advantage and made great picks in all 3 spots. At the end, I’ll finish off with a couple other small updates and predictions for Malmo. Without further ado, let’s introduce these new faces to the Nighthawks!

:mal:Taylor Mourning, RW:mal:

Mourning was selected 10th overall, which is an insane drop to many players, fans, and probably other GM’s who weren’t picking before Malmo. This beastly 6’3, 200 pound winger put up 54 points during his first full season in the VHLM. His playoff performance is what caught many scouts eyes, with 9 points in 6 post season games. Mourning could be a huge part of Malmo going forward. But a season in the VHLE is likely for Taylor

:mal:Lilith Lunar, D:mal:

Selected at 15th late in the first round, Lunar has shown plenty of potential going forward, and probably deserves the jump into the first round. TPE comes on a pretty consistent basis for Lunar. Standing 6 feet tall and weighing in at 190 pounds, Lunar put up 37 points in her first full year, and had a point per game in 7 playoff games. 2 seasons outside of the VHL is most likely for Lunar. After this year, Lunar should qualify for the VHLE.

:mal:Miroslav Tsarov, LW :mal:

This big 6’8, 250 pound winger is another guy who arguably dropped a couple positions in the draft. Tsarov had 58 points in the VHLM during his first full season there, and is likely to take a couple years before working up to the Malmo squad. 

Other News

Papa Emeritus went first overall to Moscow in the VHL draft. In other Malmo news, they offered a contract to bring back D man Kamenov for one more season, while also offering contracts to other free agents. They include Odinsson and Gumballs. Kamenov would be a big piece to bring back even if it is one more season. He has 140 tpe banked. So getting a 500 plus tpe player for one more year would be huge on the back end for Malmo. Odinsson would in theory be a huge splash for Malmo, although competition for him is fierce. Gumballs would be a really nice player to bring in. He has 2 years left before retirement. And would insure a solid top 3 at least for Malmo, assuming Kamenov signs back too. As the draft roars on, it’s still a possibility that Malmo get some kind of deal done tonight. 

Malmo making 3 picks may have actually raised the value of those picks, rather then if they had been traded prior to the draft. Hylands must not have seen a deal he liked enough, so this is some really nice draft work.  That’s pretty much it for this media spot. I’d like to welcome all 3 new draftees to Malmo! Our discord locker room is very friendly. And I’m sure the GM’s will make sure you guys feel right at home!

All draftees mentioned: @scoop @Lilith_Lunar @PadStack

Edited by Telkster
Grammar fix

51 minutes ago, Telkster said:

:mal:Taylor Mourning, RW:mal:

Mourning was selected 10th overall, which is an insane drop to many players, fans, and probably other GM’s who weren’t picking before Malmo. This beastly 6’3, 200 pound winger put up 54 points during his first full season in the VHLM. His playoff performance is what caught many scouts eyes, with 9 points in 6 post season games. Mourning could be a huge part of Malmo going forward. But a season in the VHLE is likely for Taylor

With the VHLE not starting up until S80 and my absolute lack of desire to spend any more time in the VHLM, I will actually be up in the VHL with you guys this season!

7 minutes ago, scoop said:

With the VHLE not starting up until S80 and my absolute lack of desire to spend any more time in the VHLM, I will actually be up in the VHL with you guys this season!

Thank you for correcting me! Always appreciate it, that’s awesome to hear!