Theme Week Talk, this won't be forced at all...

BladeMaiden

I’d love to see more recognition for non-offensive and non-“meta” builds. Unfortunately the stats for those builds are simply not available. We have hits (debatable in their own right) and SBs as our only real tangible stats that are at least saying something. An STHS V2+ engine would open the door to giveaways and takeaways at least, but at least when I was simming that wasn’t a feasible switch because the sims went insane. I can’t remember what specifically, but I think scoring and maybe penalties absolutely skyrocketed no matter what sliders were used. However, maybe with increased amounts of players and members now the sim could behave differently? Might be worth an updated test.

One thing I will say is that I don’t think +\- is looked at much by anyone, and that is a grievous oversight. I think a player’s +\- compared to the rest of their team also says something. So a player with a -40 might appear bad at a glance, but if the rest of their team is -60 and everyone is getting similar minutes, suddenly that -40 looks damn impressive.

• Commissioner
15 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Might be worth an updated test.

We have, multiple times. Same thing regardless of sliders. 400+ point seasons and insane PIM’s. Even Simon claims that V2 offers “less realistic” results so I can’t imagine it being favourable even if we could get the stats under control.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:23 PM, JardyB10 said:

I’d love to see more recognition for non-offensive and non-“meta” builds. Unfortunately the stats for those builds are simply not available. We have hits (debatable in their own right) and SBs as our only real tangible stats that are at least saying something. An STHS V2+ engine would open the door to giveaways and takeaways at least, but at least when I was simming that wasn’t a feasible switch because the sims went insane. I can’t remember what specifically, but I think scoring and maybe penalties absolutely skyrocketed no matter what sliders were used. However, maybe with increased amounts of players and members now the sim could behave differently? Might be worth an updated test.

One thing I will say is that I don’t think +\- is looked at much by anyone, and that is a grievous oversight. I think a player’s +\- compared to the rest of their team also says something. So a player with a -40 might appear bad at a glance, but if the rest of their team is -60 and everyone is getting similar minutes, suddenly that -40 looks damn impressive.

minutes played is also an important read there are a lot of guys doing miracles with minimal time and i think that their efficiency deserves recognition.