How did TOR players do post trade?

Peace

So I was curious how former Legion players were performing after the fire sale in Toronto earlier this season. I was pleased in some cases, while being a little irritated that it appeared Toronto's curse followed others to their new teams and all I could do was shake my head. For some they went on to improving upon their performance after departing, unfortunately -- for others -- that simply wasn't the case and the perceived struggle continued, although that just reflects my opinion and nothing more.

How exactly did DawsonMcLarenKlamasterisMoreauKaberle and Harris do after leaving Ontario? 

Phoenix Dawson had a fairly consistent but I'd reckon underwhelming performance in Toronto. He recorded 11 goals with 11 helpers this season, equaling out to 22 points in the 24 games he suited up for the Legion. Unfortunately it appears his tenure with New York never yielded greater results, although Dawson did find his way back to the playmaking roots of his build. With 48 games with New York under his belt, Dawson registered 46 points -- of which 33 were assists -- and managed to increase his powerplay production with the Americans. 

Addison McLaren was added to Toronto to produce goals and help the team offensively, I'd argue he was accomplishing those goals nicely. Last season he played 33 games for Toronto, potting 13 goals for himself and falling just short of that point per game mark. This season he had the same number of goals (13) and achieved that mark in just 24 games, nearly ten less than his S78 end of season state line. His 20 points in 24 games were solid, but nowhere near what anyone was hoping as the team struggled again after a hot start. His offensive production slightly declined after being dealt to Davos, although I suppose his 7 points in 9 playoff games are 7 more than he ever got in Toronto... oh and he's in the playoffs, which is always a win in my books.

Sirkants Klamasteris joined the Legion as the eventual starter after Hextall retired, but he nor the team were able to elevate each other to the next level. I take the blame for that, my inability to field a roster that meshed well within the sim is my fault and my fault alone. 'Klam' struggled this season, his 9-10-3 record with a .911 save percentage wasn't noteworthy. After just 22 games he was traded to Calgary, where he improved to a 25-16-3 record with a respectable .927 save percentage and a sub 3.00 goals against average. Despite Calgary being defeated in the wildcard round by DC, Klamasteris moved to a team that at least made the post season.

Aurelien Moreau came to Toronto as a replacement to Kristof Welch, and at the time I thought it was a great trade. You see Welch at this moment has 855 TPE, meanwhile Moreau has 749. Sure, Welch has more but Moreau was younger and it fit the roster we had. Unfortunately young guys and high TPA players are... well for obvious reasons they fetch higher prices on the market, so when I decided to rebuild I knew I'd be saying goodbye to a still rookie defender practically on par with Welch's development when he was still in his rookie deal. Moreau didn't play long in Toronto, a mere 24 games to be precise, however Moscow felt giving away a guaranteed top six pick was worth the price to reap the rewards of a long-term defender. He scored 19 points with Toronto, but was a point per game with Moscow; clear improvement.

Scotty Kaberle was producing at a point per game chip with Toronto prior to a trade request after the Legion started stumbling for the third straight season. He had enough, requested a trade and I worked quickly in ensuring his desires were met. Despite the opinions out there, I am capable of learning from my mistakes regardless of how destructive they have been. Kaberle exploded with Malmo and the resurging Gunnar Odinsson; I'm thrilled both of them had wonderful regular season successes, I really do wish them both good luck in the post season. In his 50 games with Malmo, Kaberle recorded an impressive 62 points, meaning he earned 84 combined points for a career shattering high.

And finally we have Mikey Harris -- a retired forward traded to Riga after 24 games with Toronto -- who had provided depth to the Riga team before their 4-1 defeat in the post season. I acquired Harris from Calgary for relatively cheap, then moved him to Riga for a similar price. There's really not much going on here, he scored 17 points with Toronto and another 22 for Riga. By the time he joined Riga he was already retired, so his ice time wasn't as lucrative as what he got in Toronto. 

So generally it was status quo, with Kaberle being the outlier for any significant improvement. Moreau has a young team in Moscow, so I'm sure he'll start ripping the VHL apart when all the current defenders are too old to skate anymore without plastic walkers used to teach kids how to skate; Kaberle has a near career long contract and joined a wonderful team in Malmo, I guarantee you he'll tear it up next season too... but my guarantees aren't worth a dime so don't quote me; McLaren will be a big part of Davos next season, I'm sure Gustav will want to continue competing with his current roster; I'm unsure what happens to Dawson at this point since the NYA GM change; and I don't think Klamasteris is going to be Calgary's starter for the foreseeable future. 

Each one of these players -- minus Harris of course -- is in a position to do better than they could in Toronto. 

Please take it easy on Toronto in S80, we're a fragile team but on the down low... use us to stat pad, really.

Abuse us! 

We like the pain... apparently. 

Oh and yeah, uh, Toronto only has two players under contract right now. 

Interesting off season coming up.

Cool piece from a GM standpoint providing updates on former players, clearly trading them all away and hitting the reset button in Toronto was not an easy choice, and you still wish the guys well on new teams.  Would have liked to see some colours and pics included here, but you went all out with the word count so there is no lack of effort.  Overall rating 9.5/10

Review: I love these types of articles. Especially when they have to do with older trades or looking back on what the return ended up being. The structure is good hopefully Toronto can come out of the gutter again!

Pictures or could would have been nice though 7/10 would read again.