A Reflection on S79 in Davos

Gustav

Well, this was...a season. I think that's about the fairest way to put it. At the time of writing (pending an investigation on sim-rigging), Davos has been eliminated from playoff contention and is now watching Malmo and Warsaw duke it out for the EU title. Some of the more results-minded among us might be inclined to say that I blew up the team and didn't get very far, and I would find that hard to disagree with.

Y__158zv.png

Yes, I said "among us." Deal with it.

And yeah, we burned a lot of picks (and had to get rid of a good chunk of our prospect pool to make the roster space we needed for the more developed players). One deal we made of this variety even seemingly made the team worse, as we were the top team in the league upon trading for McLaren and that went out the window immediately afterward. So, from a GM standpoint...yeah, things happened, the team is going in the right direction, but I'd hardly call this season perfect. It's interesting to imagine how we'd look going into this offseason if I'd talked down the Laine deal to something more reasonable (although that was pretty much the only way we could have possibly cleared out the roster, so I was fine with overpaying there) or if I was able to find a good line configuration later on in the season (although I might have way later on; the playoffs went well, all things considered). 

Next season, we will have no players retiring. On paper, it appears that we'll be a solid team, and I'd argue that we're going to look better now that our players have had a season to develop. Guys like Taro and Laine will hold steady, while up-and-comers in Tessier and Peepants appear ready to break through to the next level. With the right combination of factors, Davos could be a team to fear in S80. So, here's to the future, and here's to finally bringing home a championship for a team that deserves one.

5 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Davos's streak is sad New Yorks is just funny

I'd argue that we got memed a lot harder too. NY needs to feel the pain a bit more before you can be a pity fan for them.

2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

I'd argue that we got memed a lot harder too. NY needs to feel the pain a bit more before you can be a pity fan for them.

Also why are you in my basement?

9 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Also why are you in my basement?

That's been there for a long time. I'm not sure what my reason was for putting that there to begin with but here we are.