Cologne Express Press Conference

Advantage

5 minutes ago, Sjin said:

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. Who do you think has been this seasons MVP so far?

2. Where do you think the team will finish in the standings?

3. Are you pleased with how your player has performed this season, if not why?

4. Where do you think you'll be playing next season? 

5. What's your favourite snack?

6. What is your favourite childhood movie?

1. Definitely two players I could say right now, Sigma Freud and Justin Lion. Both are having stellar seasons, especially as a D-Man, Sigma is having a really great season and Justin has been keeping us in games and standing on his head when we needed it most!

2. Im going to say 2nd or 3rd. I don’t think we can catch 1st anymore and even if we could I think it would be hard. I definitely think we can finish over Geneva though

3. I’m very pleasantly surprised with how my player performed this season. I’m hoping he can reach 60 points by the end of the season so I need 5 points in the last 5 games so I hope that’ll will happen!

4. I’ll still be on Cologne next season! I’m very excited I get to play with Cologne next season. Especially with higher TPE I think my player will really improve and have a stellar season.

5. I love ritz cheese crackers, also just a bagel with Nutella and peanut butter always hits 😋 

6. I was obsessed with the Incredibles and Lion King. Always loved those movies when I was kid and still watch them today

1. Lion I think he’s the mvp as you need good goaltending to win and he has given that for us.

2. I am hopeful we can get second but I think 3 place is where we will get

3. I am very pleased last season I thought i brought our team down in offence but now I’m a bigger contributor.

4. I believe I’ll probably play in la but I don’t fully know.

5. I like a peanut butter and honey sandwich.

6. I love cars But my favourite movie would be Jurassic park or megamind. 

On 7/19/2023 at 1:48 PM, Sjin said:

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

1. Who do you think has been this seasons MVP so far?

2. Where do you think the team will finish in the standings?

3. Are you pleased with how your player has performed this season, if not why?

4. Where do you think you'll be playing next season? 

5. What's your favourite snack?

6. What is your favourite childhood movie?

1. MVP for us in my AGM opinion, has been Thor Odinson. Thor came over from another team, stepped into a secondary leadership role, and almost doubled their points from the previous season. The growth and teamwork i've seen over the season has been exactly what I love to see in the VHLE.
2. Bit late as i'm doing this, but I will tell you WHY I think we got 3rd. We held on to a lot of games and went to OT and Shootouts, and not being able to clinch those games ultimately led us to fall below Geneva. 
3. I'm very pleased with how many of our players have been playing, we've seen a lot of great first year talent like Keegan Gamble and Montgomery Burns light the lamp. As well as veteran talent like Keon Jeannot and Thor Odinson having career seasons. 
4. With the way our team has performed, i'd like to continue AGMing for the Express. But there have been rumors of a GM spot opening up...we'll see.
5. Roasted Brussel sprouts. No doubt. Love those things. 
6. The Mummy with Brendan Fraser. Loved watching that with my brothers on late nights, even if it was a bit frightening at times for a young Fradin. Second close would be Big Fish.

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

1. Post Season is here! Do you have a preference on who makes it out of the Rome-Oslo Series? 

2. How far do you expect Cologne to make it in this post season run?

3. How do you expect your player to improve on their last playoff run? If this is their first, how do you predict they handle it?

4. Every cup winner has an MVP! Who do you think Cologne's MVP will be?

5. Justin Lion has averaged a .930 save percentage in all regular season and playoff runs in his career, do you think this will be any different and will it be enough?

6. Cologne is a culture rich city with a lot of different people and tastes, what's your players go to meal post-playoff game wins?

1 hour ago, Fradin99 said:

1. Post Season is here! Do you have a preference on who makes it out of the Rome-Oslo Series? 

3. How do you expect your player to improve on their last playoff run? If this is their first, how do you predict they handle it?

5. Justin Lion has averaged a .930 save percentage in all regular season and playoff runs in his career, do you think this will be any different and will it be enough?

6. Cologne is a culture rich city with a lot of different people and tastes, what's your players go to meal post-playoff game wins?

1) I don't have a preference as we're going to need to beat the best teams to win it all so we might as well face whoever comes our way.

2) I'd love to win the championship! I don't know how many rounds we'll last but I expect to win at least one round.

3) This is my players first VHLE playoff and I am hoping he shows up and helps the team
4) Going to go with Justin Lion - going to need some big games from him to go deep

5) I think he may actually drop from that lofty mark but I'm hoping it's enough
6) Some bratwurst with sauerkraut

6 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

1. I don’t really have a preference, we have a negative record verse both teams but I don’t think that’ll stop us from kicking their butts in ploffs. 

2. I think we can take it all the way. We definitely have the team and I would love nothing more than to win the championship.

3. My player actually had a pretty good playoff run last year in the VHLM, finished over a PPG, so I’m hoping to do that again this year in the VHLE and contribute to my team’s success 

4. Cameron Elsby or Justin Lion. Solid D-man who I believe led us in points and our amazing goalie who has stood on his head for us for so many games. They will def help us with our run and could be potential MVP’s

5. That’s an amazing average to have for regular and playoff season. He’s a fantastic goalie and I believe he is the perfect goalie to have between the pipes for playoffs. 

6. I’m a big chicken marinara guy. Really good meal to have before games but always love it after a game especially a win.

1. No I don’t have a preference the best out of two teams will come out and be in the playoffs

2. I expect us to be the champions we have a good solid team so it’s cup or bust for us

3. I expect to be a offensive threat to the other team unlike last season where I couldn’t record a single point

4. Lion is a good pick as he got us to the Playoffs and is a amazing goalie

5. that should be enough he puts numbers up like then we should be able to produce enough offence where he can just do his job

6. I don’t really have a post game win meal if the team goes out to eat I’ll go but I more rest and get ready for the next day

On 7/24/2023 at 7:21 AM, Fradin99 said:

As a team, we respect both Rome and Oslo, and we know they're strong competitors. However, we'll focus on our own game and give our best effort to succeed, no matter the opponent.

Our goal is to go as far as we can in this postseason. We've worked hard to get here, and our confidence is high. We believe in our abilities, and with determination and teamwork, we aim to make a deep playoff run.

Compared to the last playoff run, my player has grown both in skill and experience. They've learned from previous postseasons and are better prepared to handle the intensity and pressure. If this is their first playoff experience, I trust their mental toughness to adapt and perform well.

Cologne Express has many talented players, and determining the MVP will depend on their performance during the playoffs. Players like Jeff Lewis or Justin Lion could have a significant impact and be strong contenders for the title of MVP.

Justin Lion is a phenomenal goaltender, and his consistent .930 save percentage is impressive. I believe he will maintain his high level of play, and with his outstanding performances, we stand a great chance in the playoffs.

After a thrilling playoff game, there's nothing better than celebrating with some delicious German cuisine. Monty enjoys indulging in a hearty meal of schnitzel with potato salad or perhaps a traditional sauerbraten with red cabbage. It's a great way to celebrate victories and bond with the team over the rich culture of Cologne.

On 7/24/2023 at 12:21 PM, Fradin99 said:

Bit late, Rome :')

All the way of course we are the strongest roster and the most drive!

My player is a VHLM goat

We're going to need some big games out of Justin Lion if we're going to want to win that being said our defence also has been a question mark this season so I think we need a lights out performance from Sigma who killed it in the regular season

If he can continue these numbers I'll be happy let's see what simon has planned for us

Schnitzel

• 2 weeks later...

1. S89 CHAMPIONS! How does the win feel?? Is it everything you wanted?
2. Now that you won! How will your player celebrate with the cup?
3. What does your player plan to focus on this offseason in terms of improving their play?
4. Is this your players final season in the VHLE?
5. Who do you think was the most valuable player to our playoff success?
6. Cologne had brand new GM/AGM this season, how did they perform compared to your expectations at the start of the season?

3. What does your player plan to focus on this offseason in terms of improving their play?
6. Cologne had brand new GM/AGM this season, how did they perform compared to your expectations at the start of the season?

1. FEELS AMAZING. It is everything I wanted and more, couldn't be happier with the result

2. As a Canadian I GOT to eat poutine out of the cup, going to celebrate with my family and just go around town celebrating with the cup by my side

3. Probably my offensive skills, my player had a really good year I would say and was VERY good in playoffs, I think improving my offense will definitely help my player be elite next season.

4. NOPE!! I'm staying down for one more season with Cologne and I am so excited!! I can't wait and I hope we can go back to back :) 

5. I got to say Sigma, as a D-man he led us in points and was definitely a key factor as to why we won the cup this season. 

6. The GM/AGM performed so unbelievably well and I am so proud and happy for them. They both did a stellar job and are the backbone to this team. They are the reason we made it as far as we did and I couldn't be more grateful!

On 8/5/2023 at 8:48 PM, Fradin99 said:

Winning's unreal, man! S89 Champs, baby! It's everything I dreamed of and more. We all deserved it. 

Celebrating with the cup? You know it! Party all night with the team, fans, and some wild antics. No more diet and fitness routine to follow for the next little while. 

Gonna hit the gym hard, work on my shots, and tighten up the D. Always room to improve! After the partying, of course. 

I've heard rumours that it may be my last but we will see how the VHL clubs value us all. 

Keegan Gamble, hands down. Dude's a beast on the ice. But it really was a team effort in every form. 

New GM/AGM killed it! Solid moves, great support. They rocked this season. Was so happy to be acquired. 

On 8/6/2023 at 1:48 AM, Fradin99 said:

Really pleased with the teams success couldn't of asked for more from everyone!

Lots of sleep.

More TPE is always better so more of that 

I will be my first and final season in the E in the upcoming season!

That's a really tricky one there were a few stars across the board a few notable names coming to mind are Keegan Gamble, Sigma Freud, Justin Lion and Montgomery Burns.

As expected nothing but the best from Sjin and Fradin

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

1. World Juniors in the books! How do you feel about Europe taking back to back golds?

2. Drafts have come and gone, who's your favorite new addition to the squad?

3. Speaking of the squad, our championship team is practically brand new. What are your thoughts on this years roster?

4. Entering the 90th season of the VHL, what goal do you have for your player this season?

5. What are your thoughts on the VHLE condensing down to 6 teams from last years 8?

6. Will Fradin ever release a press conference on time?

On 8/16/2023 at 11:16 AM, Fradin99 said:

1. World Juniors in the books! How do you feel about Europe taking back to back golds?

3. Speaking of the squad, our championship team is practically brand new. What are your thoughts on this years roster?

4. Entering the 90th season of the VHL, what goal do you have for your player this season?

5. What are your thoughts on the VHLE condensing down to 6 teams from last years 8?

1. I dont like that Europe won, Canada should of won it.
2. I am the best addition to the squad.
3. Even though I am not on the roster for this season I think that you guys will still win.
4. I will be in San Diego in the M but I am hoping to do much better than last season.
5. I think they should of kept the rush and remove another team but also too soon, they should of said it will happen in a few seasons.
6. No because Fradin is too focused on making sure his player gets 25 hits a game.

On 8/16/2023 at 11:16 AM, Fradin99 said:

1) I didn't like it as we lost and finished with a silver.  Was supposed to be Canada.

2) that would have to be me or else I wouldn't care about this team if I went somewhere else lol.

3) I think we have a great chance as we have some great players on this team.

4) I mostly just want to win a cup but would also be great to score a ton of goals and crush some opponents.

5) I think it will be good for the league, have teams with more depth and more competitive games.

6) I am sometimes a week behind so doesn't make a difference in that case lol but hope so.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:16 PM, Fradin99 said:

Europe is better than NA so I’m not at all surprised :)

That’s a really tricky one we’ve added a lot of great players, for me it has to be Clark the free agency addition, had a great post season with SDM so let’s hope he can do the same for us. 

Our forward group is absolutely lethal, I expect a lot from

this team and I’m excited to see what we can accomplish

To finally have a 100 point season, I need to do it at some point surely…

I don’t think it was a good idea a lot of teams are oversubscribed this season and that could’ve been mitigated by having 8 teams instead of 6 

No, nor will Sjin we’re both lazy bums

1.Season's here! How many points do you predict to rack up?

2.Who would you consider our rival team to be, if any?

3.How do you overall feel about the team's construction this season?

4.What do you plan to improve on your player as the season rolls on?

5.What's your player's favorite thing to do off the ice in Cologne?

6.What's your favorite thing about Henry the team dog?

1. In the M with the Marlins I predict I will get 82 points.

2. I think it will be Vastras.

3. I feel like you are ready to go back to back.

4. I can't add any tpa I can only earn this season.

5. I like to go bowling.

6. Henry is the best dog in the VHL, best mascot in the VHL and overall cute, nice and a champion.

6 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

100 exactly :)

Has to be Vasteras, formerly Geneva. Having beaten them last season in the play offs and them being a strong team coming into this season it's going to be a heated battle all season long.

I'm very happy I think our blue line is the only area that is in need of some improvements outside of that I'm really pleased with how everything has come together. Don't sleep on Clark people did last season and look how that played out.

As an already capped forward there's not much to improve on just earning more TPE preparing for my rookie season in the VHL

Sleep :)

Henry is the cutest doggo, he has an awesome pair of wheels.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:31 PM, Fradin99 said:

1) As a rookie probably not that many but next season will be different.  With 7 points so far I'm thinking 35.

2) definitely one of the Swedish teams but I'll go with Vasteras.

3) I think we have a great team and can win another cup.

4) The plan is to improve skating and defense as the offensive part is pretty good.

5) have a beer and the Biergarten before going to see fc Koln play.

6) He's a greatest mascot in the league and inspires us to kick ass out there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2023 at 9:31 AM, Fradin99 said:

Yes I’m answering this late but IDC

1. I’m hoping my player can rack up at least a PPG this year. So far doing well but have fallen off a bit

2. Vasteras, just because they were ranked as one of the top teams with us

3. I think it’s really good, we have a really good set of players. Definitely underperforming right now but hopefully we’ll step it up

4. Scoring more goals, that’s the plan and has been the plan for a while

5. Just tour the city and take care of my animal shelter business!!

6. My fav thing about him is that HE IS MY DOG!! Plus he’s got a sick set of wheels!! 🛞 🔥 

• 3 weeks later...

1. Who do you think will win the cup this season?

2. Which player do you think will lead the Cologne Express in points in the play-offs and why?

3. Who would you like to see as our starting goal tender in the post season and why?

4. Which player will lead the league in goals in the post season and why?

5. Which player will lead the league in points in the post season and why?

6. With Keegan going up to the VHL next season should Henry remain the team mascot if not why?

On 9/28/2023 at 9:46 AM, Sjin said:

2. Which player do you think will lead the Cologne Express in points in the play-offs and why?

3. Who would you like to see as our starting goal tender in the post season and why?

6. With Keegan going up to the VHL next season should Henry remain the team mascot if not why?

1.  Vasteras. Solid solid team who dominated the league, they’ll be the team to beat and I could definitely see them hoisting the cup

2. Sijn or myself. We both had very good season finishing high in points. Both solid players who could really help Cologne against Vasteras 

3. Clark for sure. Although we had some doubts for goalies at the beginning of the year. He had a very solid year with good numbers 

4. Harry Callahan. Such a good player who can score goals. Finished first with goals in reg season so I don’t see him stopping now.

5. Otis B Jr or Sijn. Again both had very good seasons and finished Top 3 in points (Otis 1st and Sijn 3rd). 

6. As the owner of Henry let me tell you this… HENRY WILL BE STAYING!! I have been slacking with photos of Henry due to me being 18 hours away from him but just because Keegan is going up, doesn’t mean Henry is too. Henry will stay as Colognes mascot :) 

On 9/28/2023 at 12:46 PM, Sjin said:

1. honestly Vasteras solid team all around and a scary one at that

2. i know its VERY unlikely but i like to think me maybe i can turn around my season

3. honestly doesnt matter to me both goalies are goated

4. i think keegan

5. axle i 100% axle 

6. henry can be everyone team mascot such a beautiful dog