Cologne Express Press Conference

Advantage

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. We are currently up 3-0 against Vasteras do you think that we will be able to complete the sweep?

2. Clark has been absolutely killing it so far with 0.970% what do you think makes him so good in the post season?

3. The other side of the bracket is currently Rome against Bratislava currently 2-1 in favour of Rome who do you think will make the finals?

4. If Cologne is able to advance to the finals which team would you rather face Rome or Bratislava and why?

5. What is your players plans for next season will you be advancing to the VHL or sticking around with Cologne in the E?

6. The Continental Cup is already underway with our wildcard games already coming to an end who are you early predictions as to who will win the whole thing and why?

On 10/2/2023 at 3:48 PM, Sjin said:

1. We are currently up 3-0 against Vasteras do you think that we will be able to complete the sweep?

2. Clark has been absolutely killing it so far with 0.970% what do you think makes him so good in the post season?

3. The other side of the bracket is currently Rome against Bratislava currently 2-1 in favour of Rome who do you think will make the finals?

4. If Cologne is able to advance to the finals which team would you rather face Rome or Bratislava and why?

5. What is your players plans for next season will you be advancing to the VHL or sticking around with Cologne in the E?

6. The Continental Cup is already underway with our wildcard games already coming to an end who are you early predictions as to who will win the whole thing and why?

1. Sadly we couldn’t complete the sweep but I still see us beating Vasteras in the series.

2. I think Clark knows we are the underdog team against the top team so he’s really stepped up his game to show everyone we are better than we were in regular season

3. I think Rome is going to win, they have such a good team so I would be surprised if they lose

4. I would like to play Bratislava only because I feel it may be an easier challenge compared to Rome but I still think Bratislava would be a good challenge for us

5. I’m moving on up to the Big Leagues!! I’m excited for my players jump to the VHL and I’m hoping he has an immediate impact 

6. I’ve gotta go with D.C because they are my VHL team. They have made such a big improvement since last season so I’m rooting for them

1. We are currently down 2-1 against Rome do you think that we will be able to come back and win the series?

2. Which players have surprised you this post season in both a positive and negative way?

3. Which player do we need to see show up in order for us to come back?

4. Who has been our team MVP so far this play off series?

5. Where do you think Cologne will finish in the standings next season do you think could potentially win the cup in S91?

6. If you drink beer what is your favourite brand to drink, if not what is your favourite soft drink?

6 minutes ago, Sjin said:

1. We are currently down 2-1 against Rome do you think that we will be able to come back and win the series?

2. Which players have surprised you this post season in both a positive and negative way?

5. Where do you think Cologne will finish in the standings next season do you think could potentially win the cup in S91?

6. If you drink beer what is your favourite brand to drink, if not what is your favourite soft drink?

1. We will win. period

2. Someone named Savaisk Tzesar, not enough points = bad.

3. HENRY!

4. Clark, any other answer is wrong.

5. 3rd in regular season and winning another chip.

6. Soft drink would be Sprite

26 minutes ago, Sjin said:

1. Nope, you're screwed. Look at Rome. They are clear favorites and will gladiate all over the place. No chance. 

2. Some goalie has 40 goals against in playoffs... yikes, so that surprises me. How could the team be so bad defensively? London, what a joke amirite?

4. Probably need to worry about the future and drafting someone like culinary hockey mastermind Jefferrey Dewberry Howard Kalin. Chef by day, elite hockey artist by night. 

5. They won't get anywhere until they invest in the future. Start at the draft and build for the long term. I hear Cologne has good places too be a chef in the off season. 

6. Coke zero and it's not even close. All the benefits of caffeine and no sugar?! Who would pick normal pop?!!

My team has not asked questions in weeks so here I am answering at random ;)

Edited by Motzaburger

On 10/11/2023 at 12:19 AM, Sjin said:

1. Currently 3-1 down but we have a strong team and have just been getting lucky from each game there is still a strong case for us to win.

2. Al land has scored so many goals for the team he's been really really good

3. I think we need myself, Sjin and Keegan too be playing there best

4. between Keegan or Al land

5. I think we will be a top 3 team and we're always in the hunt for a cup so it's definitely possible

6. no beer, but I dont like fizzy drinks so mineral water

On 10/10/2023 at 4:19 PM, Sjin said:

1. ITS NOW 3-3!!! I knew we could make the comeback now let’s bring home the chip tomorrow!!

2. Honestly I’m just surprised overall with Bratislava. I’m pretty sure they have a negative goals against average and are still here in the finals with us. Seems a bit odd but guess it worked out in their favour

3. Well henry has certainly helped lol. But me, Sjin and Clark have really stepped up to help the team take it to game 7

4. Again I would say, Me, Sjin and Clark. We are all doing great in the playoffs and all very well deserve playoff mvp

5. I think they will finish top 3, definitely going to have a very solid team next year so I hope they can bring home the chip

6. I do drink but I’m not a big drinker so I don’t really have a fav. For soft drink I would say Cream Soda, Dr. Pepper or Pepsi!!

1. So we are back-to-back Champions! How is your player celebrating?

2. So there's a big question mark as to who was the S90 Play-off MVP who was it in your eyes?

3. Who would you like to see Cologne Draft in the S91 VHLE draft?

4. Looking at the roster currently how do you think we will do this season?

5. Early season predictions on who will lead Cologne in points and who will lead the league?

6. How do you think your new GM has been doing since stepping up as GM starting in S89?

5 hours ago, Sjin said:

1. So we are back-to-back Champions! How is your player celebrating?

2. So there's a big question mark as to who was the S90 Play-off MVP who was it in your eyes?

3. Who would you like to see Cologne Draft in the S91 VHLE draft?

4. Looking at the roster currently how do you think we will do this season?

5. Early season predictions on who will lead Cologne in points and who will lead the league?

6. How do you think your new GM has been doing since stepping up as GM starting in S89?

1. Lots of partying and lots of drinking. A week rager all over the city of Cologne. New location every night!!

2. Sjin and Clark are both very very deserving of the award, Clark stood on his head in the playoffs helping us pull through and Sjin led our team in points and really helped us make it to the chip and win

3. Masu for sure. I love him and his player, he would be such a good addition to our team and on the blue line

4. I think we could see a 3-peat 👀. The team is looking super strong and I’m excited to see how they do

5. I think AI Land, as a devoted member of Cologne and staying down in the E for his career. I wouldn’t be surprised if he led the team or even league 

6. He’s done amazing! Sjin has completely turned this team around and has won 2 championships in his 2 seasons with Cologne (I believe unless it has been 3 seasons). He’s an amazing GM and has done such a great job and very proud to have played under and with him

1. Who do you think should be Captain and Alternate Captain's of the Cologne Express this season?

2. What are the goals you've set for your player this season?

3. What has surprised you the most and least about your player since creating him?

4. Who do you think our biggest rivals will be this season?

5. Who is your favourite NHL team and how do you think they are doing this season?

6. Who is winning the rocket this season in the NHL?

1 hour ago, Sjin said:

1. Who do you think should be Captain and Alternate Captain's of the Cologne Express this season?

3. What has surprised you the most and least about your player since creating him?

5. Who is your favourite NHL team and how do you think they are doing this season?

1) I haven't been back/around long enough to know everyone we have here so I'll have some bias towards the guys that were in the Marlins locker room, but I'll say Bennett, White, Marchand

2) I'm not sure how much ice time I'll see especially early on, so I'm not expecting a ton of production. Just happy to be playing on a good team and to contribute where I can. My goals will be more geared towards improvement. Hoping that by season's end I'm close to the VHLE cap and have earned myself a significant role.

3) I didn't expect to step in and be a PPG player on a good team in the VHLM last year - I thought I would have to be playing on a weaker team with a bigger role to get that kind of production. I've been playing pretty well.

4) Looks like Vasteras has a pretty good team.

5) I'm a Jets fan, and I'm not super optimistic at the moment.

6) McDavid, as long as he only misses this next week or two

2 hours ago, Sjin said:

1. I should be either Captain or Alternate Captain, Marchy should be one and Clark should be one.

2. My goal is to continue to improve on my talent from last season in the M hopefully over a point per game.

3. The fact that I was two goals away from most goals in the M last season really shocked me after being behind by 25+ goals at one point. The fact that it took a bit for my player to get a goal in the M did not surprise me.

4. I think Vastras will be our biggest rival.

5. Toronto, they fucking suck rn no more to talk about. NEXT!
6. Matthews if he can get a fucking goal again

On 10/24/2023 at 9:15 AM, Sjin said:

1. I think Marchand deserves a letter, I also am going to go with Masu. I may just be biased cause I’ve GM’d with the guy but he’s a great player who will do great things and I believe would be a great leader

2. Get at least 30 points in the VHL. I’m a rookie so it’ll be quite hard to produce but I’m hoping at least 30 points and be in the running for rookie of the year

3. Probably my goal scoring. I always thought of my player as more of a playmaker but had 38 goals last year

4. Vasteras. I believe they are going to be a good team again this year but so is Cologne. So it’ll be a battle

5. Nashville.. not great, definitely not great but I’m honestly surprised that they’ve done better than I expected considering I thought they were trying to rebuild 

6. I want to say Matthews. He’s kind of gone on a slump recently since he’s scored 6 goals in 2 games though

Whoever the team picks honestly, should be a voted thing for sure. Marchand seems to be a consensus

Honestly... succeed in any way possible. I do not intend to stay in the VHLE long, so in my short time I'd like to just tear it up. 

3. What has surprised you the most and least about your player since creating him?

Most surprised? Being picked where I was, I thought I had a bit more carry but I guess not. Least surprised? Also where I was picked lol

Whoever else is going for the cup because... that's ours for the taking. 

Anaheim Ducks, and sneakily the team is off to one of the hottest starts that I can remember, really hope this is a breakout year. 

Auston Matthews, and I hate saying that, but it's just my guess right now. 

1. What do you think of managements choice of Captain and Alternate Captain's this season?

2. If your player could change to any other position on the team which would you choose and why?

3. What is your expectation for production this year for goals and assists, and for goalies SV% and GAA?

4. What do you think of the teams start to the season so far are we performing above or below expected?

5. What do you think of your players start to the season so far are you performing above or below expected?

6. If you could pick out a nickname for myself and Fradin what would you call us and why?

2 minutes ago, Sjin said:

1. What do you think of managements choice of Captain and Alternate Captain's this season?

2. If your player could change to any other position on the team which would you choose and why?

3. What is your expectation for production this year for goals and assists, and for goalies SV% and GAA?

4. What do you think of the teams start to the season so far are we performing above or below expected?

5. What do you think of your players start to the season so far are you performing above or below expected?

6. If you could pick out a nickname for myself and Fradin what would you call us and why?

1. Management did a great job. Def not cause I have an A.

2.  Defence because I have good DF.

3. 50 Goals and 51 assists.

4. We are performing exactly as expected. Other teams are just doing well.

5. I started slow but I am now tied for leading us in points.

6. Smart Sjin and Old Fradin Goon

1) Good picks, all well deserved!

2) wing I guess? I'm a scorer so a forward position is logical

3) 20g 20a ish, I'll have to pick it up a bit though lol

4) We're playing well. A little up and down but it doesn't really matter until the playoffs anyway!

5) Not doing much so far. Not much ice time and not much to show for it. Kind of to be expected though as I'm just comparatively low on the TPE scale for a VHLE player

6) Honestly I have no idea, nicknames are not my thing lol

Seems to be a nice mix of some vets and fresh talent that can hopefully add some energy to the team!

Probably defence since my player has pretty decent defence already

Being a point per game player would be nice so 30-40 goals and 30-40 assists would be nice by the end of the season

Still trying to get things clicking optimally but happy with the start and hope to continue improving from here

About as expected, I think I played only a a few minutes in the first couple of games due to a line error but after that have been around a point per game with solid +/-

Super Sjin and Fantastic Fradin!

Excellent choices imo. Players that have proven loyalty and are atop of their game in terms of practice hours. 

Probably defense tbh, I enjoy playing center but I've always been a big fan of playing as a defender, per my track record with players. 

3. What is your expectation for production this year for goals and assists, and for goalies SV% and GAA?

Honestly I don't have many expectations. I'm not really considered a "top player" this year in the E, so I'm just along for the ride really. 

Right in the "middle of the pack" right now and honestly not far off being considered a top 2 team. I think with a big push and continued activity & updates we'll be right up there for contention. 

I always like to HOPE for the best, but it's been mediocre really. So many great roster players, that it's tough to standout which is fine by me. I don't mind being more of a role player. 

The choo-choo's. I'm French, this was always something that was more of an inside joke with my family, fitting for yourselves. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. What do you think of the teams performance now we close in towards the trade deadline?

2. Should the team make any moves, perhaps brining players in or trading some away?

3. What do you think of your players start to the season so far are you performing above or below expected?

4. Have we got it in us to win another cup and complete the three-peat and who is our biggest challenger?

5. Are any players in the league surprising you so far perhaps in a good or bad way?

6. If you could pick the lines and ice time what set-up would you do for our team? I may try some suggestions we get!

On 11/17/2023 at 5:46 PM, Sjin said:

1. What do you think of the teams performance now we close in towards the trade deadline?

2. Should the team make any moves, perhaps brining players in or trading some away?

3. What do you think of your players start to the season so far are you performing above or below expected?

4. Have we got it in us to win another cup and complete the three-peat and who is our biggest challenger?

5. Are any players in the league surprising you so far perhaps in a good or bad way?

6. If you could pick the lines and ice time what set-up would you do for our team? I may try some suggestions we get!

1) We're in a playoff spot so that's good... being so far back of Rome/Vasteras kinda sucks, but it doesn't matter come playoff time.

2) I dunno, that's up to the GMs who know this thing better than me! We could definitely use something to help keep the puck out of our net, though.

3) A little worse than I had hoped for, but I knew coming in that playing on a deep team and coming in a little lower in TPE than a lot of players, I wouldn't play a ton right away so it's all good. The wins are more important to me.

4) Absolutely. I think Vasteras is the best team on paper, but the best team on paper doesn't always win. We've got a great group here.

5) Surprise maybe isn't the right word because he's a great player but Schwarzer is on quite a tear recently, it's nice to see!

6) I'm not crazy familiar but I do know White & Rave had some good chemistry in San Diego - and I believe Marchand & White from a year earlier - maybe that would spark us as I think Marchand and I have been underachieving a bit. But honestly I ain't one to complain about ice time or what have you, I just wanna win!

We are doing alright thus far, well positioned to make the playoffs. Need to figure out how to prevent some goals against though.

If something makes sense then I'm all for it. Maybe getting a capped out d man and goalie in exchange for some of the forward depth?

Probably performing a bit above expected which is nice to see. Would be thrilled to end at a point per game pace.

Definitely! Rome and Vasteras seem like the teams to beat currently. I think Vasteras will be especially scary come playoffs.

Nice to see Spanish Moth Moon tearing up the league so that is a good surprise.

Does STHS 1.1 allow you to set ice times? If so I might try to go a little top heavier in the playoffs. Focus on players with strong defensive skills to prevent some goals against.

• 2 weeks later...

Still smack dab in the middle of the pack, not a bad place to be, especially with only so many teams making it. Would've liked to see some deals made to improve the team at TDL but such is life. 

Most teams are overflowing with talent so I understand why moves weren't going to be easy to make. 

It's ass, really disappointing honestly but it seems like the E Is just too full, despite the league feeling it necessary to contract, teams are just overflowing with similar players, making it impossible to stand out. 

I'd like to see it happen being I'm only in the E one season, would be nice to win a cup before I move up. 

Not really one way or the other, other than my player. Very harsh and my own critic when it comes to my performance, just not been happy with it. 

Active players to the top imo. Guys who are earning max, etc should be outplaying older players who aren't earning max and have been on the team for 3-4 seasons and just aren't really earning. Just my observation... 

• 3 months later...

1. What were your thoughts on the team's performance tonight, particularly in comparison to previous games?

2. How do you feel about the contributions of individual players in tonight's game?

3. What were the key factors that led to tonight's victory/defeat?

4. Can you provide insight into any strategic adjustments made during the game and their impact on the outcome?

5. In terms of player development and team cohesion, what positives do you take away from tonight's performance?

6. Looking ahead, what areas do you believe the team needs to focus on or improve upon based on tonight's game?