Cologne Express Press Conference

Advantage

On 1/5/2022 at 6:17 AM, WildfireMicro said:

3 questions for 1 TPE and 6 for 2 TPE 

1. We are currently down 1-3. How do you think we can come back?

2. Do you think you will be called up next season?

3. How do you think the GM and AGM could improve next season?

4. Who was your favorite sports coach?

5. What was your favorite sports movie?

6. If you had an ultimate goal for your career, what would it be?

@Battlepopcorn @Beaviss @UnkemptCL4PTP @FBR @Lemorse7 @Bulduray_1 @PistolP @DeeGoat @Xalen11 @ColeMrtz @Jericho @Kuba-Fleury

1. Get back to the fundamentals, get some good passes and some good open shots on net.

2. I would love to think so but I have a lot to work on in my game that could bring me down.

3. We have great GMs sometimes too nice. Ha

4. My high school soccer coach. pushed me really hard to work on my game and helped me become determined to win. Helped me become the player I am today even as a hockey star.

5. Happy Gilmore. 

6. Become a top 10 goal scorer ever. Maybe a huge achievement but I believe I can achieve it one day.

18 hours ago, zepheter said:

Been a bit busy this weekend, hope you guys are having a good one. I've got some more questions for you:

1. We did it! We've finally overcome the difference between us and Rome. Do you think we can remain strong and finish atop the E?

2. If you were the GM, would you do anything to improve the team? Or would you rather stick with what we have?

3. We currently have the league leaders in goals(Zucarello), assists(Ranogajec), and basically every major goalie stat(Protagonist). What is it like to play with some of the best talent in the league? If you are one of the three mentioned, did you expect the season to go this well?

4. With the VHL All Star game and skills competition behind us. Which competition is your favorite? Personally, I have to go with the save streak. 

5. If you could run the VHL for a day, what is one thing you would add, change or put more focus on? 

6. Is hockey your favorite sport? What is the most entertaining aspect to you?

1. I believe we can as were only getting better each week at practice. 
2. I believe we can stick with what we have as It is working, It just comes down to our play as a team
3. I believe It's awesome and to be taking tips and learning from protagonist myself as I'm the backup goalie It's amazing.
4. I actually didn't watch It so I wouldn't really know an answer sorry..
5. I would say definitely about encouraging earning ands making more easier opportunities, as I feel sometimes there are lower end earners that are trying It can be just difficult to earn though
6. It's up there, but basketball Is actually my favorite. To be honest It's those close saves where It's like wow, how did he save that!!!

On 2/20/2022 at 9:02 PM, zepheter said:

Been a bit busy this weekend, hope you guys are having a good one. I've got some more questions for you:

1. We did it! We've finally overcome the difference between us and Rome. Do you think we can remain strong and finish atop the E?

2. If you were the GM, would you do anything to improve the team? Or would you rather stick with what we have?

3. We currently have the league leaders in goals(Zucarello), assists(Ranogajec), and basically every major goalie stat(Protagonist). What is it like to play with some of the best talent in the league? If you are one of the three mentioned, did you expect the season to go this well?

4. With the VHL All Star game and skills competition behind us. Which competition is your favorite? Personally, I have to go with the save streak. 

5. If you could run the VHL for a day, what is one thing you would add, change or put more focus on? 

6. Is hockey your favorite sport? What is the most entertaining aspect to you?

1. I think we can. We are only getting better and should be able to ride this hot streak into the playoffs.

2. We should keep doing exactly what we've been doing because it is working. Maybe add another solid D-man for the stretch run?

3. It's been great, I really didn't expect to have this much success as a team this year. It has kept my interest in the league for sure.

4. I think the hardest shot is the best event. Really just a measure of brute strength. Everyone should want to win the hardest shot.

5. I would put more time into balancing the league. There is a VHL team who only has 3 wins so far this season. They are like almost 50 games into the season. That's ridiculous

6. It's a tie between hockey and football. I do think hockey is more enjoyable to watch live, especially minor league hockey. Nothing beats $12 seats and cheap beer.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:17 AM, WildfireMicro said:

1. What has been the biggest recent surprise in sports?

2. What are your opinions on the VHLE overall rn?

3. What is your favorite fruit?

4. What is the worst movie you've ever seen?

5. What do you think is key for the team to succeed rn?

6. What is the end goal of your league career?

@Alesime @Komaryk @Battlepopcorn @Johnny_HX @UnkemptCL4PTP @atw2592 @Banackock @PistolP @ColeMrtz @Jericho @dustywilson22

1. I don't pay attention to sports that much but the James Harden x Ben Simmons trade was crazy but idk if it was a surprise for me.

2. VHLE has nice people to work with.. havent been able to pay much attention recently been pretty busy.

3. has to be Honeydew, or Cantaloupe.. Actually I can't decided there are too many that are good like raspberry also lol.. 

4. I can't think of any horrible movies I have watched recently.. Gotta be like sharknado or something like that HA.

5. Lots of good teamwork and getting back on defense. 

6. Become a well known player and be respected.

Hope you all had a great weekend! More questions:

1. We just acquired defenseman Milan Dvorak. What are your thoughts on management going all in at the deadline?

2. Despite dropping the last two games, we had a pretty strong week. Do you like our chances of finishing on top of the standings?

3. Our defensemen have been very active recently, racking up a ton of goals for us. How important is production from your defense?

4. Are you modeling your build off of another player? If so, which player? If not, what playing style are you trying to go for?

5. Do you have a favorite NHL team? If not NHL, any other hockey league around the world?

6. Spring break is just around the corner for me. What is the coolest place you have been to for spring break?  

15 minutes ago, zepheter said:

1. We just acquired defenseman Milan Dvorak. What are your thoughts on management going all in at the deadline?

2. Despite dropping the last two games, we had a pretty strong week. Do you like our chances of finishing on top of the standings?

3. Our defensemen have been very active recently, racking up a ton of goals for us. How important is production from your defense?

4. Are you modeling your build off of another player? If so, which player? If not, what playing style are you trying to go for?

5. Do you have a favorite NHL team? If not NHL, any other hockey league around the world?

6. Spring break is just around the corner for me. What is the coolest place you have been to for spring break?  

1. I think the management is doing great. They understand what we need and are not being hesitant, which I appreciate.

2. I really do. We are kicking some ass and I am confident in the team.

3. It is always important. Having defensemen who are able to score at this rate always benefits the team, especially since they can be considered the full package hockey player.

4. I am not, but I am trying to create a player who is efficient on both sides of the ice, being a main contributor to goals, but also helping keep the puck out of the net.

5. My favorite team is the Montreal Canadiens. It has been since I was born.

6. I have not done many spring break trips, but I had a winter reading week trip a few years ago with my University and we went to New York. It was a very exciting experience.  

8 hours ago, zepheter said:

1. I believe It's needed as chances to win and win big are minimal sometimes
2. I really do as everyone gets better and we learn to do our lines better and come together more as a team
3. Well you need production from everyone, but when they're producing on both sides It's awesome
4. Well I'm currently just trying to balance my game out and become better by basing my game off anime protagonist really
5. Nashville predators
6. I usually don't go anywhere for spring break so I guess home lol, my life was kinda boring i guess. Not to me though

10 hours ago, zepheter said:

1. I love the move. It's exactly what we needed. I think we have potential to win this thing and really needed another D-man to do it.

2. I think we will. Every team goes through rough patches and I think we hit ours a little bit. We will get it together.

3. It is very important, it's an aspect that not a lot of other teams have going for them.

4. I am modeling off of Alex DeBrincat with a little more defense. A high scoring build.

5. Blackhawks, although the last few seasons have been rough they really tore it up 8-10 years ago.

6. I played sports during my spring breaks so probably South Carolina?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a master stroke. Great move. That guy's a star, and he's a really important piece for any team hoping to win a title. Future hall of famer.

I'd say they're really good. I mean that's mostly because the season is already over now but you can ignore that part. I personally guarantee we will finish first place in the standings in the regular season.

I'd say it's really important. Especially as we're in the last throes of the meta era, it's good to build up our scoring and get as many shots on goal as long as this strategy works. So it's a key that our defensemen are involved in that too.

I'll take this question to answer with the new hybrid attributes since that makes for more interesting builds. I wouldn't say I'm modeling my build off of anyone in particular, but I'm considering a couple different ones. Obviously my initial build was an offensive defenseman, so I'm kinda thinking about sticking with that, but I might put a little bit into leadership like I've been doing currently just cause I think that'd be fun.

For the brief amount of time that I was a hockey fan, it was the Bruins. So if I had to pick one now, I think I might stick with them? I don't really have a favorite hockey team though.

I don't think I went anywhere for spring break either lol. It was nice to go home and get away from the stress though, lol.

Xpresser Presser:

The Cologne Express are up 2-0 in the Renaissance Cup Finals, you step up to the microphone, and the hands are raised

1. How have you enjoyed this run so far, whether you were here last year, drafted, signed as FA, or traded here?! 

2. Has your player performed up to your expectations this season? How so or how not so?

3. Have you made a playoff run like this in a sim league before? If yes, when, if now, how do you feel about this one?

4. How do you maintain the excitement level between games, and get ready for the next one?

5. Is there any type of superstition you've relied upon to this point? 

6. The Express don't have a mascot, yet, what should the mascot be, and what should they be called? 

Edited by BarzalGoat

3 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

Xpresser Presser:

The Cologne Express are up 2-0 in the Renaissance Cup Finals, you step up to the microphone, and the hands are raised

1. How have you enjoyed this run so far, whether you were here last year, drafted, signed as FA, or traded here?! 

2. Has your player performed up to your expectations this season? How so or how not so?

3. Have you made a playoff run like this in a sim league before? If yes, when, if now, how do you feel about this one?

4. How do you maintain the excitement level between games, and get ready for the next one?

6. The Express don't have a mascot, yet, what should the mascot be, and what should they be called? 

1. This is amazing. This is my rookie season in the VHLE and I am so proud of how far we have come.

2. My player performed quite well this season. He started to drop off at the end of the year, but managed to stay consistent throughout the season and in the playoffs.

3. Not to this degree no. I have been in a playoff scenario before, but this run has been monumental.

4. I like seeing the excitement from the teammates in the discord. It makes me happy to see them excited and proud of us.

5. Not really. I try to keep superstitions out of my routine because I feel as it messes with my mental preparation. 

6.I think it should be a train conductor. His name should be funny, but I dont know exactly what. Maybe Skipper because that APPARENTLY is what the captain of a train is often called (Thanks Google)!

6 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

Xpresser Presser:

1. It's been amazing I mean my first season with this team, and first season in the VHLE! I mean you can't be happier with the results and my performances have gotten better. I couldn't have gotten better without this team and especially my coach Barzy!
2. Oh absolutely I've gotten better definitely compared to my VHLM days as I've been a career backup so far, but I hope to one day start In a game and be the main starter. 
3. I have not other than with the marlins when we made the playoffs but couldn't win the finals as we lost. 
4. Just move on. as to me a game won Is just another game as just any other game that Is played. Just have to figure out a way to keep It going.
5. Not really only superstition I need Is just always betting on my skills and that I put in the work at practice.
6.Well I think I would love it to be like a train conductor as we can't really do a train since I don't think It's possible. 

8 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

Xpresser Presser:

1. I have had a blast, we are really good and should win the cup.

2. I didn't have the regular season I wanted, but I'm stepping it up in the finals which is what matters.

3. Yeah I've won a few championships in the past, most recently in BHB last season, which was pretty cool. This one is sweet as well.

4. I usually just do a bunch of cocaine, that keeps me sharp.

5. I'm not a very superstitious guy, so no. Just working hard and showing up every day.

6. Thomas the Train, of course. Seems like a perfect fit.

On 3/14/2022 at 7:36 AM, BarzalGoat said:

Xpresser Presser:

1. The run has been good.. Other than what I just saw 🥲

2. I believe he played well, I think he should have gotten more goals considering my teammates that send me good passes. 

3. I did when I was with the Bulls. it was fun but at the end we had also been defeated.. So close yet so far.

4. I've been pretty busy recently so I haven't had as much time to connect with the game but I'm trying to keep on top of my tpe 😅

5. Not particularly. I kind of think if your team you're on is playing well you tend to win like 4 games than lose 1. I just hope that's not a game against one of the other top teams!

6. It could be like a train conductor. Could have a name like Rathaus "the city hall's name in cologne" 

A Retrospective, Offseason Presser I

1. Well that one hurt, what was the first emotion you felt after the reverse sweep? 

2. Think there was anything we could've tried differently in that series with Rome? 

3. How are you moving on and enjoying the offseason so far?

4. What's your big plans for next season? Retirement? Back in the E? Moving up to your VHL franchise? 

5. With hybrid attributes this offseason we should have a real solid shakeup of the best players in the league. Do you have a strategy going into this mandatory TPE re-roll? 

6. Any new music helping you get over our finals heart break? Mt Joy's new song Lemon Tree is exactly what I was looking for.

1. Well that one hurt, what was the first emotion you felt after the reverse sweep? 

I was surprised. I don't know if I've ever seen a reverse sweep before. Maybe there was one a long time ago in the VHL? But it's been a while.

2. Think there was anything we could've tried differently in that series with Rome? 

Not sure, honestly. There's only so much you can do with the lines in STHS and players capped where they are. So it goes.

Honestly I've been spending a bit of time away from the league. Or at least not thinking about it seriously. It's been nice.

4. What's your big plans for next season? Retirement? Back in the E? Moving up to your VHL franchise? 

Well I'm at 399 TPE right now so it looks like with this PC I'm going to officially be moving up to the VHL next season. Go Titans.

5. With hybrid attributes this offseason we should have a real solid shakeup of the best players in the league. Do you have a strategy going into this mandatory TPE re-roll? 

I'm looking a lot at deking and stick checking to work for my build. I've also been weighing up whether or not to go with a less serious build where I go for stuff like leadership and penalty shot since I think it'd be fun to see someone just go with those attributes. But at the same time I also told nobody about this before I made this player and went with a more serious build at first, so I don't wanna pull the rug out from under my GM/teammates by making an almost purposefully bad build lol.

6. Any new music helping you get over our finals heart break? Mt Joy's new song Lemon Tree is exactly what I was looking for.

There haven't been a ton of recent releases that I've been listening to (not by choice, I just haven't been looking for new music lately). There is some music that's new to me that I've been listening to as of late, but whether or not it counts depends on how you deal with heartbreak lol. I like The Lightning II from Arcade Fire's latest single. I've been listening to a bit more of Big KRIT lately. I've also been listening to Elliott Smith lately, and I've enjoyed what I've heard from Black Country, New Road's newest album (had heard of them but didn't really start listening to them until recently). And I really like Mitski's new album.

4 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

1. I was just upset. It’s never a good feeling when something like that happens.

2. I don’t know. I feel as though there isn’t anything else we could have done.

3. I’m just keeping busy with school and shit. Gotta stay on the grind.

4. I’m just gonna see where the wind takes me.

5. Not really. I should probably think of one though.

6. I don’t have any specific songs, but I will take recommendations!

5 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

1. I was pretty shocked, I thought we had the series wrapped up.

2. Nope, that's just the luck of the sim unfortunately

3. I'm getting over it, I was pretty unmotivated to do the PT's this week though.

4. I think I'll be moving up to the VHL, I am getting close to the 400 TPE

5. I have no idea yet, hopefully will be figuring that out soon. Maybe focus more on defense.

6. I have just been watching basketball, really don't want to think about hockey right now

On 3/24/2022 at 4:13 PM, BarzalGoat said:

1. Well I'm thinking man wish i was in net. but Our starting goalie and all our guys tried their best
2. should of tested stuff earlier on in the season and tested things against them, so not really didn't want to risk anything
3. Well I'm looking to maybe staying with the cologne express or moving to another team
4. Staying in the E and maybe playing elsewhere
5. Not really to be honest, I'm perfectly fine to be honest
6. Nope to be honest I listen to juice wrld everyday.

• 4 weeks later...

1. What are your predictions for the winner of the VHLE?

2. What do you think about our team this season?

3. If you were GM for a day who would you trade out/in?

4. How did you pass the time through the long off season?

5. What are your opinions on the hybrid attributes after the pre season?

6. Who would be your VHL date to the Spring Dance?

On 4/21/2022 at 11:19 PM, Berocka said:

1. What are your predictions for the winner of the VHLE?

2. What do you think about our team this season?

3. If you were GM for a day who would you trade out/in?

4. How did you pass the time through the long off season?

5. What are your opinions on the hybrid attributes after the pre season?

6. Who would be your VHL date to the Spring Dance?

1. Cologne express. 
2. It looks every strong. 
3. I am not to sure it looks really hard than it is.
4. Basically keep tanning and watch Netflix and twitch really. 
5. it crazy but I am getting used to it. 
6. I don’t know ever now. 

• 1 month later...

Alright Guys and Gals

first off hello I am your new AGM and if you guys have any questions about me( hobbies, favorite ice cream) or what ever go ahead and ping me in discord or here. anyway on with the PC.

3=1tpe    6=2tpe

1. what is your favorite or enjoyable part about being with the Cologne Express?

2. what are some goals that you have for your player here this next season?

3. With the off season being right on top of us what are some this you are doing or working on with your player and/ or team?

4. So I live In Co so the Avalanche being in the Stanly Cup Finals it exciting, but who are you rutting for to win?

5. well sense I live in CO I love to go back packing and do some big hike and find small lakes and rivers to fish, what are some fun Hobbies you do during the summer?

6. okay last Question and this might be a hardest one, did Adam and Eva have Belly buttons?

1. Great team all around, really cool group of people off the ice as well.

2. Lots of improvements.. hopefully!

3. Well just getting back into it as myself I've been really out of it recently.

4. Heck yeah go Avalanche ! Don't really have a reason lol

5.  Well I live in the only desert part of Canada so I love to go to the beach when it's super hot outside. I enjoy lots of sports and campings pretty good once in a while.

6. I couldn't tell you if they had two eyes or not 😂

6/21/22 Press conference

What up Cologne Express hope you all are have a great week and have something fun going on for the week end.

3Q=1tpe    6Q=2tpe

and If you don't like these questions feel free to use past PC

1. With this next season coming up which team are you moist afraid of?

2. What are some goals that you are hopping to achieve over the season?

3. is there a team that you want to win against this season?

4. if you have watch the new Obi-wan shows which scream do you like more, the one of Darth maul in rebels or Vader in episode 5 of the obi-wan series.

5. what is your favorite...hmmm...Ice cream (mine is mint chocolate chip)  

6. alright time to get on your thinking caps on cause heres a tough one. who would win in there prime, Optimus vs Voltron

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 8:29 PM, samthemancub said:

6/21/22 Press conference

What up Cologne Express hope you all are have a great week and have something fun going on for the week end.

3Q=1tpe    6Q=2tpe

and If you don't like these questions feel free to use past PC

1. With this next season coming up which team are you moist afraid of?

2. What are some goals that you are hopping to achieve over the season?

3. is there a team that you want to win against this season?

4. if you have watch the new Obi-wan shows which scream do you like more, the one of Darth maul in rebels or Vader in episode 5 of the obi-wan series.

5. what is your favorite...hmmm...Ice cream (mine is mint chocolate chip)  

6. alright time to get on your thinking caps on cause heres a tough one. who would win in there prime, Optimus vs Voltron

1. Probably the eagles, really strong team and I believe they will find some assets during the off season that could help them out. 
2. Get better on my shooting and become one of the greater scorers. 
3. Easy. The eagles, they had a crazy season last season and we just need to shut them down. 
4. I haven’t watched the movie but I like death maul so I’m going to say his :) 

5. my favourite ice cream is cookie dough. Huge flavour! 
6. I mean you gotta go with the better name no? Voltron just sounds sick for a name!