Claimed:Newest Member of Bratislava

BRATISLAVA CLAIMS DEFENSEMAN

pk-subban.jpg

Triton Jackson doing his pre-game warm up just before his final game with the Belleville Bulls of the OHL.

The Bratislava Watchmen have landed Triton Jackson just after putting a claim in for him 24 hours ago. This move is shock to most of the VHLM fans out there as Triton Jackson just recently had an interview saying that he wouldn't play for any team but the Minot Gladiators. Since being claimed by the Watchmen, Jackson has been rather quiet but I managed to get his opinion on the Watchmen claiming him. Here is what Jackson had to say about the claim, and what he plans to do.

I am not one bit surprised by the claim, and personally I am happy that a team like the Watchmen picked me up. My agent had a talk with Mr. Wong before they had put in the claim for me, and it went a lot better than both of us had expected. Mr. Wong told us that if the team was not ready to compete when the trade deadline came up that he would trade me to the Minot Gladiators. I just plan on playing to my full ability and help lead the Watchmen into the playoffs. If I do get traded in the end, I do hope it is to the Gladiators, but I honestly will not care as long as I get the chance to compete for the cup.

With Jackson's blunt attitude I did not expect that type of answer to come out of him. It looks like the Watchmen are going to be placing Jackson on the first line, and he will likely be pairing with Lauris Prikulis. These two players could be a very dynamic duo together as Prikulis is more of a pass-first defenseman and Jackson is more of a shoot-first defenseman. The Watchmen overall are not that strong of a team, but if there is one general manager who knows to build a winning team in the VHLM it is Vince Wong.

Bergevin_001web-374x250.jpg

Vince Wong watching Triton Jackson's first practice with the Watchmen.

If the Watchmen cannot build a team that is ready to compete come the trade deadline Jackson said that it is likely that he will be traded to a team that is competing. With the Gladiators looking like a very strong team that is ready to compete, it is possible that you could see a trade happen with Minot and Bratislava. There are also other locations that Jackson could end up at, but if Jackson does ultimately get his wish, he will land in Minot by the end of the trade deadline.

I personally feel that Jackson will be a very good defenseman no matter where he plays this season. If Jackson can work on how well he can play defense, I can see him as a top three candidate for the VHLM's defensive player of the year. Triton Jackson seems very dedicated, and has been working this whole summer on his defensive side of the game with the future hall of fame defenseman, Ryan Sullivan.

516 words 2753 characters

Content: 3/3 - I couldn't be happier to have you back in the league. Not only that, Im excited to be back on the same team as you (even if it's in a different fashion). I think you nailed it out of the park with this, and really made me excited for Jackson. I'm scared we might have lost your full attention to the SHL, but it's nice to see you return. I'm glad you made an exception for Bratislava, I think I've proven to be a player's GM in the past. I have always met my player's demands and for sure we will handle Jackson's future with that in mind. Keep it up buddy, I can't wait to see you come draft day!

Grammar: 2/2 - :grammer:

Appearance: 1/1 - Looks good. Vince Wong should have less eyes.

Overall: 6/6

Content: 3/3 - Nice to see you back at it with a new player, and it's also nice to see that you ended up on a team that you will enjoy. hopefully you guys compete instead of having to be traded. Really hoping that your run on this site works out better this time around. It's a new site so don't go claiming viruses anymore.  :lol:

Grammar: 2/2 - Really fantastic work. I was drawn in and didn't see anything (or zoned out).

Appearance: 1/1 - The best piece I've looked at today. Woo!

OVERALL: 6/6

FINAL: 6/6

• 2 months later...