VHL Magazine Power Poll - Social Media

Toast

VHL Mag Power Poll  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The recruitment process is difficult to put it lightly. There has to be a constant push on all fronts in an attempt to bring in newer members or in an attempt to bring back former members who have since left. There are lots of aspects we can touch on for the recruitment drive, but today we’re going to take a look at the social media front.

A few days ago the VHL Instagram account was announced where players can submit photos and what not to help promote the league through one of the most popular social media sites. It seems to be off to a great start, but will it stay strong and help bring members in?

On top of the Instagram we have a Facebook page that is touched every few days and possibly a Twitter. I don’t know if there is an official Twitter myself but from what I found there isn’t one being focused on.

For the Power Poll this week I want to find out if you voters believe there is more that can be done with the social media movement from the league. Do you believe that the social media accounts are helping as much as they could be? Is there anything else the recruitment team should look at to continue growing across the social media scene?

Even if you are happy with the efforts being made, make sure to post any thoughts you have!

I have seen one guy register saying Twitter recruited him. However other than that not much. I believe we can improve and if someone wants to handle the Twitter page constantly we can open that job up.

I have had a few messages from new users who have said they saw that we had a twitter and a facebook page when they googled us after hearing about us. Then upon looking at some of the updates they were more inclinced to sign up. 

The thing about social media is that it will rarely ever directly contribute to someone joining our site. We don't pay for specific posts to reach more people, so both are rarely used as a direct recruitment tool. However it helps greatly with SEO. For those of you that don't know that that means it's search engine optimization. When someone does a google search for VHL or Victory Hockey League we want US to come up. When someone is searching for fantasy hockey leagues, the more internet presence we have the more likely it is we show up. 

I voted yes, but I do think we could be doing more using social media, I just think it would be less directly involved with both of our actual social media page. I think as a tool for recruitment members could be trying to contact people they know on FB, posting on walls, twitter could be trying to get #JoinTheVHL some more notice, and sending off direct tweets to people. 

We aren't gonna see results over night, you can't just make a FB/Twitter account and expect people to see it and join the site.

If we constantly keep the sites updated they will work out in the long run for sure.