Peace impressed with Iron Eagles' work ethic.

Peace

Vasteras has a long history under old management, but under this new league -- the European division of the Victory Hockey League [VHLE] - they've got no former technical history, it's the inaugural season and every team is starting with a clean slate. For the Iron Eagles, the story they wrote was fairly frustrating yet just enough to keep the pages turning: It was a fairly rocky season, they barely squeezed themselves into the playoffs by finishing just a mere point above the Cologne Express, and had it gone to a tie-breaker they'd be playing golf instead of hockey. 

As much as the Iron Eagles' roster would like to think the current round is nearly over, they've got to stay focused and close out the series in game six before getting comfortable with a lead, or worse before anyone gets complacent about the teams last three performances. Sure, in the last three games they've only allowed two goals, and are currently riding a two game shutout streak but the Vikings were the top team in Europe for a reason and are likely to regroup. 

Eagles and Vikings' fans have all eyes on that decisive sixth game. One side will be cheering for their team to advance into the finals, while the other side will be cheering for their in hopes they return to form.

Kyle Peace is determined to stay focused, all his energy is being directed at settling his nerves and calming himself before the butterflies in his stomach turn into trembling hands and missed opportunities on the ice. There's only a few moments left for him in Europe, his destiny is to join Toronto next season, it'll take all the focus he has to conquer himself. His feelings about his team though? He's immensely proud of the work ethic they've shown, how the group has strung together a hot run and is ultimately impressed with the last three games against the leagues top team. 

Memories are made every game, memories that'll stick with the young Legion prospect for quite some time. 

"I don't know what everyone else is, well, you know, how they're preparing for tomorrow... but for me? I've got to keep myself on my toes." Peace said in an interview with VHL.com earlier today. "I know myself, and I know if I let these wins get inside my head I'll perform terribly tomorrow, so I think after this interview I'm turning away from social media and TV. I might go fishing, or maybe go for a bike ride on a trail near Vastaras... hell, maybe just stay in and order some decent flippin' food."

We asked Peace about his team shortly after receiving an earful from the young man. "I'm extremely proud of the team," Peace stated. "I'm very happy with how the last three games have turned out. We went from trailing the series two - zilch to leading three - two, and we've all played a role in climbing above the Vikings. Everyone's play recently has been downright impressive, I'm... simply overjoyed with the club. Bravo, Eagles, bravo, and that's enough to sum it all up."  

Vasteras hosts Stockholm tomorrow for game six.

9.5/10

Nice one. I did not follow VHLE that closely, so it was cool to read about the regular season and how tough the playoff spot battle was. The playoffs and how Peace prepares for the important games were also interesting to read. We don't often get to read that much about how players prepare for the games. The article is easy to read. Perhaps those quotes could be made to pop out a bit more with bolding or different color. A picture could be added, but otherwise - good stuff!