I'm a failure.

The Domino Archives

I know what you're thinking. "No Domino! You're not a disappointment! You have a job with Minnesota, you were a good candidate for WJC, and your player is good!"

Yeah, you could say that. But those are all fairly recent. Towbaker was made in August, I got the job 2 months ago, and my account has been around for a long time.

The thing is, being inactive can skewer you. In the VHL at least. I've been inactive for a long time from May to August, and well...

I feel like people don't trust me.

Just look. Look at Nexber's starter build. After that I was inactive. One toll to my reputation of being active. May to August, inactive. When I finally return, I've had such a bad history with being active it not even funny. I've been on this forum for an entire year now. And... I'm not even proud of it. 

I look at people who have promising futures, like @FireballSalad and @Horcrux.

And then I see me. A person who hasn't even committed their first player to the VHL. A person who hasn't been relevant for a while. A never-was.

A failure.

I know that I'm a funny guy on the outside, but on the inside, I have insecurities just like you. I have problems sometimes. But now, it's too late. I am officially known as an inactive guy. No matter how hard I try. But you can. Live on.

Become a VHLer.

So, anybody reading this. Trust inactives who finally get on and become very active. Trust inactives who have great players who are still tending to them.

Trust me.

1 hour ago, Domino said:

I know what you're thinking. "No Domino! You're not a disappointment! You have a job with Minnesota, you were a good candidate for WJC, and your player is good!"

Yeah, you could say that. But those are all fairly recent. Towbaker was made in August, I got the job 2 months ago, and my account has been around for a long time.

The thing is, being inactive can skewer you. In the VHL at least. I've been inactive for a long time from May to August, and well...

I feel like people don't trust me.

Just look. Look at Nexber's starter build. After that I was inactive. One toll to my reputation of being active. May to August, inactive. When I finally return, I've had such a bad history with being active it not even funny. I've been on this forum for an entire year now. And... I'm not even proud of it. 

I look at people who have promising futures, like @FireballSalad and @Horcrux.

And then I see me. A person who hasn't even committed their first player to the VHL. A person who hasn't been relevant for a while. A never-was.

A failure.

I know that I'm a funny guy on the outside, but on the inside, I have insecurities just like you. I have problems sometimes. But now, it's too late. I am officially known as an inactive guy. No matter how hard I try. But you can. Live on.

Become a VHLer.

So, anybody reading this. Trust inactives who finally get on and become very active. Trust inactives who have great players who are still tending to them.

Trust me.

Alright. Where to begin. 

You are not a failure. Everyone has their truth and their own stories. I'm loud, obnoxious, and won't sit down and sit idly by even if the staff may wish I do sometimes. 

My player has 60+ TPE news flash you are still doing better and you know what there are a lot of great players in history who were loyal workhorses. Who cares if you don't go to the VHL, this is a game. 

A game of hockey, you will take hits, you will pass, you will score. Maybe not this player, maybe next, or maybe the player 5 years down the line. 

All that matters is you play how YOU want and you have fun. Their is no wrong way to play. So never say you are a failure. You are worth it and amazing.