Visualizer of All-Time Playoff Record of Each Franchise

MubbleFubbles

i234nWG.gif

Better frame-rate version here: https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/7812103/

Thanks to the very good work of @Victorin this thread here:

I was able to make a visualizer of every time each team made the playoffs. It's pretty fun looking at the graph which shows where teams were at their best and at their worst, the bits that were most interesting to me were:

. How quickly Stockholm fell off after it's very strong start (Always in the top 2 through first ten seasons, but  always at the bottom from the 30's onwards).

. Seeing New York at the bottom all the way through the first 30 seasons before making a push to joint-2nd in the late-50's

. After Stockholm stops, Seattle are at the bottom of the franchises who started in Season 1 for quite some time, but make a late push in the S70's to move quite comfortably into the top four.

. Davos starting very near the bottom, then getting up to the top in the 30's, before returning back down towards the bottom in present day

. How quick some of the expansion teams are gaining on the likes of Cologne and Stockholm. I don't know how playoff entry has changed (it looked from Victor's spreadsheet that a higher percentage of teams are getting in playoffs than before) but you'd think at the rate they're earning playoff appearances, some should be beating Cologne and Stockholm's numbers in much less time than it took them

If anyone has something they'd like giving the visualizer treatment btw, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I can't make any guarantees I'll get to it (depends on how easy it is to get information for it), but I'll do my best to get to it!