Seasoned Veteran Appears in New Colors

thadthrasher

After 316 regular season games with a total of 18,716 minutes played, veteran goaltender Thadius Sales is trading in his red and blue sweater for something a bit different. But, what exactly led up to this trade? There have been speculations that Sales wasn’t happy, that management wasn’t happy, and even that Sales made a variety of threats. However, let’s hear it right from the mouth of Sales himself.

“I had two goals after being drafted to the New York Americans. First, to be a franchise player in New York. Second, to win the Continental Cup as much as I could. Let me first talk about the latter goal. In the 5 seasons that I have played for New York we never captured the cup. It’s been 5 hard and long seasons, and at the end of every season we either just missed a playoff run, or we were eliminated rather quickly. It was hard, and disappointing. However, sometimes that’s just how things go. Despite our struggles, I loved my time on the team and I enjoyed every moment on the ice.

Now, to my first goal. I wanted nothing more than to be a franchise player in New York. I moved here, established myself, and invested myself into the community. I’ve done all that I could to help the people around me, to establish assistance for those in need, and to simply be around the community and see people who were fans of what I do. Being an American was an essential part of my identity and I wanted to end my career there. However, things do change.”

It was announced on November 16th, 2021 that Sales was traded to the most recent Continental Cup champions, the Vancouver Wolves. Sales went to Vancouver for the price of a S81 3rd, 4th, and a S82 2nd. When Sales was approached by New York Americans General Manager @MexicanCow123 it became clear very quickly that New York had goals to rebuild, and that included trading Sales away. At first, disappointment filled him, but then hopes for a cup came. When the news came around that Vancouver had some interest in Sales, he said, “It feels really good to be wanted. I know I was wanted in New York, and I understand that sometimes that’s how the business goes, but to hear that the Continental Cup champions want you on their team…wow. I’m hopeful that after this move we will be able to build quick chemistry, throw up an amazing regular season, and win back-to-back cups.”

Sales also noted that he was hopeful that his individual stats will reflect a positive change. Through the years he’s played for New York his stats have reflected some rough games and some rough times. Seeing an entirely new team in front of him, Sales said that he believes his play and his stats will look even better than ever. While many brought up his age, Sales said, “I know I’m getting older, but I’m happy that Vancouver sees the talent and skill I have despite my age. Nevertheless, I am getting older and you can’t play the game forever.”

----

523 words, claiming week ending 21 November 2021

Edited by thadthrasher

9/10

Great text, love to see the colour when Sales is speaking. Unfortunately, New York and Sales were not going on the same direction and this is why the trade was the best option for both side. Really good text and good luck in Vancouver for Sales and keep up the good work.