A Day in the Life of Donny Carter Part 1 (video transcript)

TheNeonShaman

*Video fades to show Donny Carter in front of the camera. He is standing in a modern-ish apartment.*

What's up guys! My name is Donny Carter and I'm a forward for the Riga Reign of the VHL. I've had a boring offseason as of now, so I decided to start vlogging and stuff. Today I'm gonna give you a little tour of me and Baardo's apartment in Bratislava, then I'm gonna show you what a day in my life looks like. Well let's get this tour started.

*Donny steps back and let's the camera show the room he is in.*

This here is where we spend a lot of time hanging out, it's a living room, kitchen, and dining room all in one. All in their own areas of course but it's very... What's the word. John you got anything?

*From behind the camera John Baard says "I'm pretty sure it's open concept right?"*

There it is! Open concept. Thanks Baardo.

*The camera shakes up and down once.*

Anyway the living room here is where me and John usually eat, hang out, game, watch tv, other stuff like that. Kitchen is where frozen dinners and canned clam chowda' is prepared or leftovers are stored. We aren't chefs that's for sure. Over there is the dining room that we used... *Looks at Baard behind camera and counts on fingers.* I think like 4 times, Johnny does that sound right?

*Baard nods the camera to say yes.*

Yeah we usually eat in front of the TV or at the kitchen counter. Now let's go down the hall to the rest of the house.

*Donny turns and walks down a hallway with two doors on each side and one at the end. As he talks about each door he gestures to them.*

The two on the left are John's room and the bathroom, the one at the end is a closet with random stuff. Now this one here *Grabs handle of a door on the right and opens it as he says it.* is the game room! We've got a foosball table, air hockey, buncha stuff in here. Last door on the right is my bedroom. 

*He opens the door to show a bunch of boxes on the floor, a desk, a bed, a Watchmen jersey draped over the bed, a wardrobe with a Riga Reign jersey hanging up, and Houston Bulls and Philadelphia Reapers jerseys hanging on the wall.*

It's a pretty messy place right now just because I'm in the process of packing my stuff to move to Riga after I got the official call up last week. It's kind of stressful but I'm very excited. Alright well guys I'm about ready to go to bed and wake up to show you what a day in the life of Donny Carter looks like. See you in the morning!

*Camera fades to black for a few seconds then fades back in to show Donny Carter sleeping. An alarm goes off and he gets up. As he talks he goes into the bathroom.*

So I just gotta wake up a bit before getting into my routine so I'll splash some water in my face and get going.

*Donny splashes his face with water and that splash of water gets on the camera and transitions to Donny leaving the bathroom.*

My morning routine isn't much to sneeze at, I get up, shower, get dressed. The usual. Now I'm gonna get this day started right with some breakfast.

*Donny makes his way to the kitchen and takes out a jug of OJ, a plate, some frozen waffles, a carton of eggs, a pan, a package of bacon, a big cup, and sets it all down on the counter. He also puts the camera down in a spot on the counter to have a good view.*

I'm gonna be making some sunny side up eggs with bacon and waffles. *Donny yells down the hall* Baardo! You want food? *A muffled yes from John Baard's room is the response.* Alright so I'll be cooking for both me and Baardo today.

*Some lighthearted music plays as a time lapse of Donny cooking plays. He tries to make the egg flip to look cool in the time lapse but he drops it and has to make another. Baard enters the room near the end and sits at the counter as Donny plates everything, he then passes the food out and sits down to eat.*

Alright Johnny you ready for the best breakfast we've had in weeks?

(Baard) Why haven't we been eating like this every day?

Because I'm not getting up early to cook every day for you.

(Baard) I wish you would this tastes so good!

It better be, I can only cook breakfast food but I think I make it pretty well.

*The two finish eating and part ways to do stuff that day. Donny goes and sits down at a laptop in his room and checks a few websites while he talks.*

Before I do anything I have to make sure the plans for me and Toby to move into an apartment together in Riga are all set. We are the new rookies for the team and already were on the same team in Philly so it should be a ton of fun rooming with him.

*Donny gets up and moves into the gaming room as he talks.*

Alright before I make some progress on moving or exercise, I want to do a game of Valorant just because, so I'll see you after that.

*A transition goes to the end of the game where it shows that Donny lost the game by a lot. He gets up and goes back to his room.*

Now I have to stop putting it off and make a dent in moving.

*Donny talks while he starts putting stuff in boxes, then a time lapse starts once he finishes talking.*

I have a lot of stuff, and the jersey count is starting to stack up which I really enjoy to see that. The memories I have in all three of these great cities are going to be with me forever and I'm excited to see what happens in Riga. It is exciting after the draft though, we look like a really good team in a few seasons with all the young talent coming up to make the team better. *Timel apse starts*

*During the time lapse Donny packs up almost all the stuff from the wardrobe, from the wall, and off the floor. All the boxes are now stacked neatly against one wall.*

Ah that feels better, I have moving day officially on Thursday but I'll be in Riga tomorrow to practice and then the first game is Wednesday. My first major league game. That's just an amazing revelation. I've been working so hard for this most of my life and it's incredible to see it paying off like this. Now before I go and work out I need to eat lunch, so let's go to the car and grab some food. There's this amazing street food place called Orbis and since it's just about my last day in town I have to eat there one more time. Let's get going!

*The video transitions from that to Donny in the car driving around Bratislava.*

I've gotta talk about the atmosphere of that first VHLE season and how it was to play in Bratislava, because it has to be the greatest experience of my playing career so far. Just watching the draft, being excited to see where I went, and then going in the 8th round to the Watchmen and having that desire to prove the teams that skipped on me in earlier rounds wrong for not picking me. I had a lot of motivation to do well after being a high producer in my second year in the minors. When I got to that team I was loud and talked a lot in the room and during training camp, I impressed management and my teammates enough to get named an assistant captain, and the way the city embraced me as a key player was one of the best feelings I have ever had. During the season I actually produced past my wildest imaginations and as the team played better the people of the city got more and more excited. I don't know how their last team there got taken away because the fans were electric in every game. Even though the playoff outcome wasn't great I just have so much respect for the city and all the hockey fans in it. I loved playing here you know? Absolutely amazing city. And you know what's also great about it? The food! I see the place right up the street so I'm going to park and then get some of that good food.

*Donny gets out of the car and walks over to the line of people. A time lapse of him waiting in line occurs and then he finally can make his order, which he gets and order of fries and a order of "Meat in a Cone" along with a water. He gets his food and goes over to a bench.*

Man this has gotta be my favorite place in town this food is just incredible. I'm not gonna talk a lot here so once I finish eating I'm gonna take you guys through my workout routine.

*Video fades to black, preparing to go to next part of the video.*

Yo guys thank you so much for reading this. It's taken me a long time to write. The other I will have out in a few weeks, still based on the same day so time will be a bit off at that point but it's fine.

Players Mentioned: John Baard (@Birdman) and Tobias Reinhart (@Spaz )

Word Count: 1589

For Weeks of: 11/28, 12/5, 12/12

Edited by TheNeonShaman