nurx's Fantastic Podcast Ep. 1

nurx

https://open.spotify.com/show/7o4ICb1lJkIVXyfvgtXjyd

Mentions:

@Collusion @Ledge @Icelantel @Shindigs @Nothing but goals @Hogan 

Claiming weeks 11/28, 12/5

Edited by nurx

For your first podcast it really good and I don’t ear that much struggle with words. Obviously if you edit it can be even more better. It’s fluent and very interesting. I’m exited to eat other of your future podcast if you do them. 8.8888/10 

- I know you're nurx now, but you missed the opportunity to call it "Fireball's Fantastic FPodcast." 😛 

- You're not too far off, the Stockholm Vikings SHOULD have been in the Finals last season, but they lost Game 7 to the other Swedish team, the Vasteras Iron Eagles, who went on to become champions. But they ought to be a solid team again with @thadthrasher behind the wheel, and you will in fact do great!

- The waivers have been crazy! I'm definitely excited to see them integrate into the league. The two you highlighted are doing awesome as well, you love to see new members jump right into Point Tasks.

- Also, you've been crushing it keeping up with the aforementioned waivers.

- I personally consider anyone who joined 2019 or later a new member ;) 

- I also think a warning would have been more appropriate in the Hogan situation. But that's coming from the member who has the more dirt in the archives than anyone else 😬. I do love a good public shaming though. 

- "I'm sitting in my room at 4 in the morning..." Be careful with that. It's fun to let VHL consume your life, just don't let it COMPLETELY consume your life. 

- Do you remember what your old account name was?

- It was fun to hear the history of your username and your Holdfast connections!

- I don't think you ever destroyed the mic. There were a few times you got quieter (perhaps facing away from the mic), but other than that it sounded great the whole time.

In conclusion, you sounded pretty comfortable talking with yourself for 30 minutes (apparently not everyone can do it), and I thoroughly enjoyed this! I may as well claim TPE for this. 8/10 or something.

2 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

- "I'm sitting in my room at 4 in the morning..." Be careful with that. It's fun to let VHL consume your life, just don't let it COMPLETELY consume your life. 

lmao i was just finishing some school work and thought well I am busy for the next 5 days so mind as well do a podcast now.

13 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

but they lost Game 7 to the other Swedish team, the Vasteras Iron Eagles, who went on to become champions.

As a Swede who lives 15 minutes from Västerås. Them winning at anything other than bankruptcy in hockey sounds pretty unrealistic. Though I may be slightly biased as they were our main rival when I played Juniors.😅

4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

As a Swede who lives 15 minutes from Västerås. Them winning at anything other than bankruptcy in hockey sounds pretty unrealistic. Though I may be slightly biased as they were our main rival when I played Juniors.😅

That's perfect! Vasteras was always a cursed team in the league that we loved to hate. I'm glad we were able to bring in a new member who has that hate already baked in! :cheers: 

I mean hate is such a harsh word. It's more like pity at this point, really.🤣 They have the dubious honor of being the biggest city without a team in the SHL and also one of the older teams in the country at the same time. A deadly combination for attracting mockery! It seems they can't even escape that in the VHL. Their recent highlights involve cutting Emil Bemström of the CBJ from the team because "He doesn't have the talent to play in the second tier of Swedish hockey". Their talent management is S+ tier, clearly.