LFR Season 1: Legion Fan Reaction Week 1 with Stove Dingle

DreMin15

LFR: Legion Fan Reaction

Welcome, everyone, to LEGION FAN REACTION. What is that, you may ask? Well, Stove Dingle here is gonna go through a few of the past week's Toronto Legion games. And where better to start, than with the first game of the year?

Game 5: NYA 5 TOR 4

The only loss we're going to cover this week. 5-4 shootout loss to New York isn't ideal, but because the shootout is fake hockey it doesn't count. I KNOW WHAT I SAID. One of the bright spots of this game is Otto Numminen getting his first career game, goal, AND HATTRICK. Reminds me of another Toronto based athlete where they did that in their first game AND STILL LOST. After giving up three goals in the second period, Jared Carter manages to score late in the third to tie the game. Unfortunately Rhynex Entertainment pots the only goal in the shootout and the Legion loses. 

Game 20: DCD 1 TOR 10

I mean, what can you say? Holy shit! A notable storyline coming into this game is the homecoming of Jannik Nylen, playing against his former team in DC. He managed to go through an entire season with DC without scoring a goal back in '79, so of course he scores in this game for his FIRST EVER VHL GOAL. But other than him, it is literally easier to list people who didn't score than list the people who did. So in order to shame those, I will list them. Otto Numminen, Jared Carter, Armani Calamari, Guy Lambert, and Nathan Steele did not score, EVERYONE ELSE DID. Unfortunately, right at the end of the second DC gets a goal to ruin Lindbergh's shutout. Buncha jerks. 

Game 42: CHI 1 TOR 6

Another game where Lindbergh had the shutout just barely snatched out of his grasp, call that a Stove's Ding-It. Fun little thing I noticed after the game. First goal for the Legion was a pass from Lemieux to Nylen, one times it and gets deflected in by Guy Lambert into the net, notably his first of the season. About 5 minutes later, what happens again? Lemieux passes to Nylen, Nylen one times it and Lambert deflects it again for his second. You've got to think they've practiced this and have it as a set play, right? Numminen nets one to finish out the first period. Second period is quiet until again Lingbergh's shutout is stolen. Peace, Sanderson, and Fire each score in the third period to solidly nail down the coffin lid and secure another Legion Win!

Game 51: TOR 6 SEA 0

FINALLY! For the first time in Oscar Lindbergh's professional hockey career, he has his first shutout making 44 saves! One thing I've noticed is that the Legion loves to have one single period where they just don't score during a blowout. Back to the game, Numminen scores in the first, and Jakub Brozik opens and closes the scoring in the second period. Legion swapped to a defensive game for the third period and managed to finally relieve the blue balls of barely missing the shutout by finally getting it. 

Thank you everyone for reading, hope you enjoyed! Hit Fire, Heart, Or Cheers in the post and comment down below. This has been Stove Dingle, have a great day!

Edited by DreMin15
The underlining was white and not blue and it was pissing me off

9.5/10

Nice article! I like the recaps of each game, entertaining to read! The layout of the article is clean and clear, it's easy to read. I like the use of colors and each game is clearly separated. Perhaps there could be slightly more space between the last two. A picture could be cool too, but otherwise - very nice!

REVIEW:

A nice article detailing a couple of games. I enjoyed that this wasn't just a straight regurgitation of the output of each game and that you included your own comments both about the game and just humor in general. Layout is very easy to read. A possible "improvement" would be to tag the members of the players you mention, but that's a lot of work and if I'm completely honest, I don't know if I'd even do that...but something to consider though!

8/10