Duality of the Name: Lose

youloser1337

Life in Seattle is different for Justin Lose. Transitioning from Riga to Seattle wasn’t easy but Lose was up for the challenge. Seattle has welcomed Lose with opened arms though. Something that Lose wasn’t expecting. We had some time after practice to talk to Lose about coming back to America and the transition. 

“Coming back to America is awesome. So far it’s been great to walk around Seattle and visit all the shops and restaurants. Very different compared to Riga but that’s okay with me. I do miss being in Riga though. I can’t wait to go back, even if I’m a visitor.”

What Lose isn’t having any issue with is the transition to the Seattle system. In 10 games Lose already has 11 goals and 12 assists for 23 points with a +/- of 12. Lose also has his 2nd career short-handed goal too.

“Seattle went hard for me to come to Seattle during the Free Agency window. I think it’s only fair that I return that intensity and bring it to the ice. I think they aren’t having buyer’s remorse. The locker room morale is high and I’m loving every second of it. I’m feeling great and I can’t wait to get back on the ice.”

We asked Lose if he has any secrets to his success with Seattle already. Although he was hesitant, he did give us some insight.

“My mental health is doing much better. Right now I’m doing therapy once a week and just having a positive locker room environment really has me pumped up. It also helps that I’m on a line with 2 world-class teammates and my friends. To think I didn’t know them a few weeks ago and now here we are.”

While Lose is living it up in the VHL, down south someone else with the Lose name is working hard. Tony Lose Sr is the VHLM GM of the Mexico City Kings. While Justin is doing well in the VHL, Tony is struggling to find that connection with the Kings. The Kings are currently tied for last place in the league with only 3 points in the first 10 games. They have a record of 1-8-1 and 

“It’s still early on in the season so I’m not too worried. Right now we are trying any line combination to find that magic. We aren’t giving up and I know my squad will keep going until the end. The season isn’t decided in the first 10 games. This is a 72 game schedule. A lot of hockey is left.”

It’s an interesting tale of the duality of the Lose name. While Justin is tearing it up in the VHL, Tony is struggling to find that winning combination. Tony has since talked to the players and has contacted other GMs about possible moves. What are his intentions for the season? Will the losses keep piling up or will Tony make a move and bolster the roster? Season 81 is just getting started and is getting spicy.

Review:

A tale of opposites for the Lose family, which also looked into aspects often overlooked with VHL careers. As simple as it sounds, moving to a new team is anything but. New city, new teammates, new role... it's a lot to take in. At the same time, you also touched on the struggles of when a VHLM season doesn't go to plan. It's a bit different now from when I managed, but struggling in sims doesn't make it any easier regardless. Maintaining activity and interest in new members is tough when you're losing, and sometimes you do need to take action to make things better. 

Grammatically, I don't see any issues with spelling or your word choices, with the exception of a sentence near the end of the artice where the ending of a sentence/paragraph is missing. However, there are some sentences that really disrupt the flow of your article in my opinion. Here's a couple examples of what I mean:

Seattle has welcomed Lose with opened arms though. Something that Lose wasn’t expecting. -> Seattle has welcomed Lose with opened arms though, something that he wasn't expecting.

This is a 72 game schedule. A lot of hockey is left. -> This is a 72 game schedule, there's a lot of hockey left.

They have a record of 1-8-1 and -> Rest of sentence missing. 

Overall, this is very well-written and was an enjoyable read. Only minor stuff that can easily be corrected, great job!

8/10

Great read! I was stoked when we were able to bring you to Seattle! The article is well written and the interesting comparison of your two players added a nice little extra part other than the standard interview style only complaints I could field would be its all bold which is a bit of an eye sore. 8/10 from me with much higher potential with pictures and better formatting.