Life Update w/Fonzi

fonziGG

Whats Up Reaction GIF by Klarna

Hello VHL. It's been some time, in fact, it's been a long time. The VHL looks slightly different then when I stepped down from Vancouver, BOG and the Mod team. I'm so glad to see the league doing better than ever, in my opinion. I haven't seen the VHL so progressive since the time I joined the league.

Anyways, I guess it's time to talk about me and what's going on. Over the past 6 months, I've been really busy. Like, sleeping 3 hours a night busy. I think I left you guys off with a work promotion. The job I got was honestly the best thing I ever got in years, exactly where I want to be for the foreseeable as well. However, when I accepted the position, I never thought I'd be having to give up my jobs here, infact, I realized it was a complete shit show. Slowly and slowly, I was commenting less on the forum and discord. I always had the discord open on my second monitor and kept an eye on general chat. However, I had so much focus on making what I believed was my only chance to truly make my mark in the position that I had dreamed to get. I started to not only neglect my VHL family, but also my own family.

So, once I realized what was happening, I decided it's time to look elsewhere. My wife and I decided that this career move wasn't going to be what we needed. Currently, I hold the same job title as before but at a different company with a lot less responsibilities and much more support. It's still a lot of work and I don't see myself wanting to take up a big job here in the VHL again, however, I do feel I have enough time to return to full activity. This league has been such a great community to me and I knew I didn't want to give it up at all. I'm just glad I'm back.

Seymour Butts is my new player. He'll be getting all my love and attention. If any GM's see this in the VHL and E leagues, don't be afraid to draft me. I will be present, active and try and provide one hell of an experience in the locker room. I've decided that Seymour is going to be the player I try my best at. I will be competitive this go around since I want to win. I want to be a part of a franchise that will be pragmatic, passionate and hungry to win EVEN if this includes trading my old haggy ass to win. I won't be naming any teams that I think will be winners in the near future however I will be assessing closer to my draft date to either league. I think the best way to name it would be a team that is pragmatic.

Anyways, if you have any questions for me including in the future, please send them to my Discord as I really don't check the site much unless I'm drunk as shit or doing my tasks

Review:

First of all, welcome back! I absolutely get where you're coming from, as my activity absolutely nosedived once I returned to work in-person again. I didn't have time to be the member I was before, although I refused to admit it and struggled through it for a while. Ultimately, I had to reinvent what kind of member I was, as I wanted to stay in this community, but in a way I could handle it. You did the same, and I'm personally very glad you did, as this is a better community with you here. 

This was also a joy to read. It was humorous, informative, and honestly, a great indicator of who you are as a human being, not just as a member of the sim league community. You also got people hyped over a player named Seymour Butts, and, well, that's a win any day! Glad to have you back, bud.

10/10