Kisslinger II interview

Kisslinger

Kisslinger II was recently called up to Warsaw to compete in his first VHL season. We had a few questions to ask the exciting young player about how he feels and his expectations               ice hockey GIF by NHL
Zach, how did you feel about getting called up and showing the world your talents on a bigger stage?
  “You know it feels really good. I love the city of Warsaw and love how the fans are treating me. I remember when I was drafted it was kind of a shock to pick a player like me in the first round, but I am here to prove that I deserve my draft ranking. I am having a very solid first couple outings with 8 goals, 7 assists in 12 games played. I feel like I fit right in here!”   

Travel Poland GIF by Globtroterek

Zach, how does it feel to play in Europe just like your father, Zachariah Kisslinger did? “It is definitely a cool experience for sure. I knew I would make it to the big leagues and one day play for a VHL team but to play for another European team feels special. It also gives me a chance to make a name for myself rather than live up to his name. He was known for his loyalty to one team and that is one aspect of his character I also possess. Warsaw feels like home for me just like Prague did for him.”

Europa League Thank You GIF by UEFA
Was there any talk about staying down and playing for Stockholm one more season to make sure you were ready to play up in the VHL? “Yeah, there was some talk for sure, but it came down to the needs of the Warsaw Predators, if they wanted me up, I was going to come up, if they wanted me down, I would stayed down and had a career year in Stockholm. I am happy I am up in the VHL as it was my goal to get here as fast as possible.”

College Basketball Dancing GIF by UNC Tar Heels
Did you feel any pressure about the call up? “I mean I cannot say there was not any pressure, but there was not as much as I thought there would be. I was also oddly calm. I thought of it as something I have already done before, because essentially I have. It is just a bigger stage than the E and the M, that is how I viewed it.”

Calling Phone Call GIF by MLB

What are your goals for this season? “My goals are simple to be honest. I want to finish top 10 in rookie points, which is probably my most difficult goal. Why I think this is because those boys in Toronto are crushing it and giving me a run of my money, but I have faith I can catch up. I would love to score at least 25 goals this season. I feel like this is a great start to become a legitimate scorer in this league. I know I have been a consistent 100 plus point scorer in my career, but I know the VHL is different animal so I would love at least 50 points this year.”

excited chicago blackhawks GIF by NBC Sports Chicago
This concludes our interview thank you for your time, Zach. 

528 words

Edited by Kisslinger

10/10

Excellent text, really love to see how you felt about being called-up in the VHL. It is also very nice to see your goals for your first season in the VHL and I really hope that you will achieve them. I really like that we can see the difference between the questions and the answers. To finish, I love the little gift before each questions. Great article and continue like that.

Review: 10/10

Certainly, agree with the above review. For starters, the presentation is fantastic - not only the photos and GIFs corresponding with each answer, but the bolding and italics are a nice way to separate the questions and answers. The text itself flowed nicely, and it provided interesting answers while still being realistic. I can imagine a sit down interview really going this way. Strong stuff overall, and best of luck the rest of this rookie year!

This was very well written, I like how many gifs you included, but I don't know if all of them relate to the interview. Regardless, I really enjoyed it and I am shock at how well you are doing as a rookie, congrads! I cant wait to hear more that comes out with your player and hopefully you kill it in Warsaw until I take over ;) 9/10