Ben Dahl talks about what he did in the off-season

Ben

With the off-season over and the new season underway players are beginning to go back to their main routine and training to get better on the ice. Every hockey player spend their off-season different though weather it’s skiing in the mountains  or going deep sea diving or just practicing on their game everyone one is unique. We are thankful that we were able to get to talk VHLM goalie Ben Dahl.

“You know I do pretty normal Normal things that I think any other regular person do, I watch Netflix stay up way too late and just overall try to have a good time in the off-season. Off course I practice on my game I’m paid to do this I have to put effort year around in order to be successful I mean it’s my job I’m good at it so I’m paid to do it. Which means I have to work even harder to get better and better everyday. If you don’t try hard if you just let yourself go it may feel good I’m the beginning that you have no responsibility’s. Then when you come back and you’re so far behind it’s frustrating and depressing and you end up back where you started just trying to take your mind off things all you want to feel is success. I mean also love hitting the club and getting with some hot girls there is nothing like getting some Instagram models number. Then going and bragging your friends about how you meet this ten out of ten and you got here number and she’s coming over to your place later. I don’t think theirs a better feeling in the world just partying having a fun time with some hot girls, yeah that’s my type of might for sure sad thing is I can really only do it in the off-season. I also loving trying new food while I can somewhat do this while we are Traveling to different city’s it always has to be something healthy I can never be normal and eat a ton of food I mean a ton of food. One time I want to a all you can eat buffet and I got kicked out after almost eating all of the food they had. Man I love crab legs they are for sure the best food you can get at a buffet it’s just so good and cheap I just can’t get enough I’m willing to shove people out of the way for crab legs. I mean I’m not the crazy though wel I guess I am. At the end of the day though if you put in the work and make sure you try hard when you practice you are gonna find a lot of success at whatever you do especially working during the off season is a huge thing. You can come back as a totally different player and feel a new way when you step on the rink it’s a good feeling. Putting the work in during the off season is a great feeling.”

Edited by Nothing but goals

REVIEW

It's always nice to hear what a player does in the offseason. I would have liked to see some formatting in the article though. Some division into paragraphs, just to make it more readable would be a good start for sure. Overall I liked what you wrote here - interesting content just lacking in formatting.

7/10

Review:  Agree with the above reviewer on formatting.  Would help readability if it weren't all one big wall of text.  Also, need to work on randomly capitalizing (i.e., Normal things) and things like verb agreement (i.e., Every hockey player spend their off-season... should be spends).  Easy to make a mistake here and there as you are speeding through writing an article, but there are just way too many of these kinds of mistakes.  The content was interesting though - a window into the life of a very young hockey player.  5/10