Brendan Marners Chilling out

MetalToday

Intro

With Brendan Marners breakout start to the season there has been some fans speculating what else he is capable of. His physical game isn’t too bad either with 45 hits in 22 games, he is averaging 2.04 hits per game. Fans are raving in Rome about their player, and fans in Warsaw are excited to see his skills in the big league.

The Fans

Fans have been divided by Marners recent controversies but with the spotlight moving off him as his acts are mellowing out with the new season. Fans are coming back to his side, and some believe this is the new Marner everyone has been waiting for.

Stats

Anyways, Brendan Marner has been nearing a point a game with 20 points in 22 games averaging 0.91 points a game, he has really stepped it up this year. Although he is not the top guy for scoring on the team, he has more potential to get to a higher level. He is on the top line of the Rome Gladiators but averaging slightly less minutes on ice than most other teammates but has been taking those minutes on ice to produce. Marner has been having trouble finding the back of the net, with 6 goals in 22 games, it is not terrible, however, considering the 123 shots he took it is obvious he didn’t get the goal total he wanted. His shooting percentage is currently 4.88%, but with the good shooting ability he has, it is expected by many that he will improve and top expectations.

Controversies are over

Marner has been playing great, and as we mentioned, he, for the most part, has been staying out of his controversies. It sounds like his family gave him an intervention before the start of the season, and it gave him courage to stop drugs, alcohol, and just staying out late on game nights. Marner was quoted saying, “With my family here I cannot just do all this stuff, they want me to stop, so I will stop.” Many excited about the new Marner, there are some that still misses the daily news on his scandals. It is expected by many that he will be a new man going into the VHL, however, not everyone believes that. One of his teammates were quoted saying, “This guy is insane, he has relaxed on the controversies because his family is there, that’s it, once they leave, or kicks them out he will be the guy who stole the babys lollipop, but he would also take the stroller.” Although this would be a big story, it has yet to happen.

Conclusion

As of right now, Marner is doing great, playing great, and can be the next star if he keeps this up. It does not take an expert to see this kid has improved and will continue if his act stays clean. As for his teammate’s hypothesis, it will be something to watch, but as of now, there is no need to expect this will come back if all goes well.

REVIEW

Love to hear from a fellow Rome player. Marner's been doing great and this article is also great! I loved the formatting, made it easy to read and follow which is a huge plus. The writing was clear and understandable with some but not too much stat dropping. Great job here.

8.5/10

Review:

Nice read about a player making a bit of a comeback not only in hockey but in his personal life too! Titles to each paragraph are nice, maybe I would make them bigger but that’s just me. Paragraphs are pretty clear to read but I noticed quite a few comma’s. Other then that overall good job! 8.5/10

9/10

l like that you have titles separating the paragraphs, makes it super easy to follow and read, grammar and punctuation look pretty good. A picture could help make it stick out a little bit more. Super cool to read about marner’s back story though! Good job