Make your own Hockey Player!

Dabnad

(Before we start off, no this isn’t going to be the way you made a player in the VHL)

Hello everyone, welcome to another one of my articles where I find a random thing online and think that I can convert it into interesting article! This time I was going through YouTube and I kept on finding some different “NFL create your player” and I thought that there must be one for hockey. To my very big surprise there wasn’t a single one which is why I decided to make one. However, this one will involve many things from real life and inside the VHL. I will be using VHL, VHLE, and VHLM teams and some real life data such as height along with many more things. Without further stalling let’s get into it. 

1. Height

Lets start off with a simple one for your player. Lets get the height of your new VHL player! If you’re under 5 feet in real life your player will be 5 feet. 5 feet - 5’8” is 5’6”, 5’8”- 6 feet is 6’1”. 6 feet-6’6” is 6’8”. Anything over 6’8” is 7 feet.

2. Weight

To find  your players weight we will be using what team your player is/was in the VHLM. If your VHLM team is/was Halifax you’re 140 pounds (bit light to play hockey eh?). If your VHLM team is/was Houston then you’re 150 pounds. Las Vegas is 160 pounds. Mexico City is 170 pounds. Miami is 180 pounds. Mississauga is 190 pounds,  Ottawa is 200 pounds. Philadelphia is 210, San Diego is 220 and Saskatoon is a big ol’ 230 pounds.

3. Position

Now let’s find what position you play in. If you’re in the VHLM you’re a goalie, if you’re in/are going to the VHLE you’re a defence, and if you’re in/are going to the VHL you’re a forward.

4. Age

To see how old you are let’s look at the TPA you have available. If you have from 0-100 TPA you’re a young 18 year old. If you have from 100-200 TPA you’re a slightly older 22 year old. 200-300 means you’re 25. 300-400 means you’re getting old at 29. 400-500 means you’re 32, and if have  500+ TPA you’re a very old 35 year old playing hockey.

5. Nationality 

To make it easier for you guys (and me) I will add 6 nations: Canada, USA, Russia,Norway, Sweden, and Finland. To see what country you’re from let’s just use what continent you’re from in real life (not where you’re living or where you’re born just the country you would consider yourself from). If you’re from Asia you’re a proud Russian, South Americans can be American, North Americans can go to the country with the place with Alert: Canada. Africa means Finland for you. European players can be Swedish and Oceanian players can be from Norway.    

6. VHL team

(To make this simple I will be adding just the top 4 regular season teams.) Now that we know all the basic information lets see what VHL team you end up on. To figure this out let’s use the first letter of your real name. If your name starts with any letter from A-G you got drafted by the Moscow Menace. If your name starts with G-M you just got drafted by the good ol’ Seattle Bears. If your name starts with any letter from N-T you just got drafted by the Vancouver Wolves, and lastly if your name starts from T-Z you just got drafted by the Malmo Nighthawks.

7. Average capped TPE 

One which will make a bigger difference than the other ones. To figure this out you can just use a simple method by seeing how many banked TPE you have. If you have 0 banked your earn an average of 6. 0-10 banked means you earn about 8. 10-30 means you earn about 10 a week, and if you have over 30 banked TPE it means that you earn a full 12 TPE a week which is very well done by you!

8. Stick handling hand

Now that we’ve looked at some things which are common in the VHL, let’s look at something which we don’t see being talked about a lot in the VHL. Let’s look at how you hold the stick in a good game of hockey. To find out how you play the puck in a normal game we will be looking at something not many people will be expecting. To see what hand you play you must figure out if your profile picture consists of something related to hockey. If you think that there is something related to hockey in your picture you’re a player who plays the puck with their left, if you’re someone who doesn’t have hockey in their profile picture you’re someone who plays the puck with their right.

9. Trophies won

Now with our last two questions coming up, let’s see how good of a player you became. To find out how many trophies you earned let’s put a simple method into test. To see if you’ve earned trophies do the following: go to player management, go to approved updates, find your last 3 approved updates. If these three result in 3-5 you’ve ended a career with no individual trophies won. If you get 5-8 you’ve won a trophy for yourself. 8-12 brings you 2 career trophies, 12-15 brings you 3 and anything over 15 gives you 5 trophies which you earned by your will and power.

10. Best stat

This one, unlike the other ones, will be a very straight forward. To find this out you just have to go to your player and check what your best stat is. This is one of the simplest thing you can do.

Now put everything together and see what you get. That’s your player which will play in the VHL for you and that’s who you are. Personally, I’m a 6’1, 170 pound, defence man that’s Russian. I’m also playing for Vancouver, who gets around 8 capped TPE a week. I also play leftie and earned myself a trophy. Lastly my best statistic is strength, defence, checking, and puck handling. Leave your players down in the replies. This is Dabnad signing off.

1043 words

Week ending January 23rd, January 30th

Edited by Dabnad
Forgot to add second week of claim

I am a 22-year-old, 6'1", 180-pound forward hailing from Canada. Drafted by the Moscow Menace, I earn 12 capped per week, shoot right, and won no individual trophies :( best traits are SC and DF though! 

I saw you said you were gonna claim it for one week, just wanted to let you know that since it’s 1000 words you can claim it for two. Just wanted to make sure you knew!

25 year old, 6'1", 160 lbs defenseman from Sweden who got drafted by the Bears and earns a full 12 capped TPE per week. I shoot left handed and won three individual trophies and my best traits are Scoring and Puck Handling

I am a 6'1'' tall, 190lbs heavy, 32 year old, Swedish, left-handed forward playing for Moscow. I am earning 10 TPE per week. I won two trophies and my best stat is scoring, followed by a quartett of checking, skating, strength and defence. 

I am an 18 year old, 5'6", 150lb, Canadian goalie playing for the Malmo Nighthawks. I average 8 capped TPE per week, and I am right handed. I have earned 2 trophies in my career and my top skills are defense, scoring and skating.

4 hours ago, Nothing but goals said:

I saw you said you were gonna claim it for one week, just wanted to let you know that since it’s 1000 words you can claim it for two. Just wanted to make sure you knew!

Oops I forgot to add week 2, thanks for reminding me

Edited by Dabnad

I am a 6'8", 180 pounds (ouch), Dman, 22 years old, Swedish (literally), Play for Moscow, Max earning, Lefty, 2 career trophies, Best Stat is Defense.

Very interesting concept! Very well written and thought out. Love the way you categorized a player's characteristics and involving current player's vhl characteristics with real life personal characteristics. Good use of paragraphing, bolding of subtitles. I personally think there a few things that could be changed with some of the characteristics, for example I seriously doubt there would or should be any players 7 foot tall would would be playing hockey! I also think you could widen the TPA range to determine the player's age. If 500+ TPA makes you an old man of 35+, then just making the VHL for one season and you're at retirement stage of your career! What do you think about 0-150 for 18 years; 151-300 for 22 years; 301- 450 for 25 years; 451 - 600 for 28 years; 601- 750 for 32 years; 751+ for 35 years? Just an extra 50 TPA per age group. Regardless, this is a wonderful, well thought out idea!

My player would be (according to your stated characteristics) a 5'6'' 160 lbs goaltender, age 22 playing for Canada and drafted by Seattle. Earning average 10 TPE (at this time when I'm writing this review), a right hander who has 3 trophies and is good at defense. Cheers!

10/10