Ben’s BS edition 1.0

Ben

I need to get a solid 2,000 article out their for this week so what better way then to complain about stuff! You know what I’m gonna turn this into series, I present to you “Ben’s BS” where your host me complains about things in the VHL! Also sorry for the very shitty formatting I like to type articles on my phone.

To start off the media spot I wanna talk about the VHLE. To be honest who even thought about making this league! Who really said that it was a good idea to add a fillet league everyone hates! You see as a player I’m fine with it I see the need I guess it’s just that there are so many better options that we could resort too! We could expand teams in the VHL! We could  expand in the VHLM and add a higher cap        

and require two seasons in it! I guess that having a whole new league does add the advantage of giving more GM/job opportunities but who cares!

I mean what’s so fun about GMing in the VHLE you get no fun out of it! I still don’t understand why minion and Sam wanted to switch teams, That was the most unfair trade of the entire season I swear! It’s even worse then the trade minion did this VHLM season, I love ya minion but sometimes you confuse me.

It’s the VHLE though I keep seeing articles go on and on about the VHLE and victory hockey league! Like cmon league you can’t keep acting blind forever just find a solution already you guys are smart. (at least a few of you are) I know the blue team will think of something it will probably just take awhile! This also leads me into what else I feel like I need to write about in order to get to 2,000 words! TPE. you love it you get it you complain about and argue about it! What is better then some good old TPE talk, it’s sort of the birds and the    bees talk of the VHL! Because it’s awkward no one wants to read or talk about it. Ok maybe I am exaggerating a little here just to get those precious 2,000 words or whatever but still you can’t blame me.

So this what I wanted to talk about which was memes in the VHL. Me, and I know many others love making VHL memes even though it might just be slapped on from a meme generator. So why not let us claim it for TPE. Who would it hurt to let us earn one or two TPE a week Just from memes! It would be a fun way to earn TPE and get members more involved overall. You also can’t tell me that they would never consider that in the most recent update post they literally talked about finding new ways to have members claim TPE! I mean at the end of the day why not, everyone wins here. We make funny memes that help make the community more enjoyable. Then we get one or two capped TPE I can’t decide what would be the best idea for the TPE claiming rules but my idea still stays the same!

Another topic I felt like talking about was Sams most recent article regarding. Kachur or whatever I’m too lazy to figure out the exact spelling. I think this article overall gives us a good lesson. Anyone could be a multi and we should not trust anyone in the VHL! I’m just kidding but still they put a lot of mental pressure that must have been crazy! Obviously it could be true and I don’t want to deny it, but telling some random person online saved you from committing a self harmed caused death. (Didn’t want to use the exact  word since I know for some people they have a history with it.) It’s overall sickening with the fact that they probably were lying,  obviously they do have some mental health problems or illnesses that I think we could all see.

Running around with two accounts trying to run different personalities is overall a mental health condition. Yes it is one thing to run a multi (like myself for a example even though I did it as a mistake) Then deciding to have a whole personality behind it and have multiples is overall concerning not from a VHL member stand point but as a person it concerns me I hope that whoever they are in real life really goes to get help weather that’s therapy or maybe just taking some medication that’s prescribed they defiantly have a mental health issue that caused them to do this. We also have the fact that they could be using a VPN to still access the league. So I guess if they are still here and trying to continue their multiple personality’s I hope that you stop and go find some help it’s better for you, and your family and friends.

My other topic is the draft which is probably what everyone is taking about right now as it’s sort of the only interesting thing that goes on in the off season I mean I’m also gonna talk about, my players expected to go around in the earlier part of the second round of the draft so overall I am very excited for that and to be honest I don’t care what team drafts me. I was also recently drafted by the Vikings which I saw it coming since they were the only team from the E I got a draft interview from even though I am pretty sure that most E teams don’t take the time to do draft interviews since you will have most of your players for 1 season. Then they will go bye bye but I have seen people stay in the E which I guess god for them. I still can’t wait to go and start playing for the Vikings I mean they are the former champs so I got to go out and perform I guess.

I still can’t wait till the VHL draft though. I feel like the team I get drafted to is gonna be sort of my franchise team while I do wanna win a chip but I think being loyal to a franchise is a big thing any player can do and I think it’s something I wanna do. Maybe not with this player specifically but maybe with another player because you know the draft is coming up and you know I want to be drafted by  everyone. there’s no team I don’t wanna be with as every single team interest me in one way or another. Yeah I mean I can’t wait till the draft so you know hopefully I can get drafted to any team as I’d be a honor to be drafted I personally feel like if a team can use me to help succeed I feel like I want to be a part of that team it’s just sort of that nature you know you need me I need you you know it’s just how it works and it succeeds most of the time too so I think you know draft day is going to be a big day for my first GEN player and I just can’t wait to see where he goes to be honest.

Another thing I felt like K want to talk about in this good old article of mine is about the WJC. If you didn’t already see I was named GM and at the moment I am writing this we are currently 3-2-1 which is better then what most people expect from team world! Overall I’m really happy with  team worlds performance and can’t wait for the end tournament or playoffs if you want to call them that! So far team world is also leading in most of the defense stats which is always a good look. The junior cup is something I enjoy it’s a great way to pass off some of the off-season. I really have enjoyed GMing so far and also the fact that even though team world doesn’t always get the same talent pool as the other countries it’s still great! We have a great team and we have defiantly exceeded exactions that we received at the start of round robin play.

I also want to talk about the VHLM draft where most new players begin. Looking at the draft though they’re a ton of recreates that are almost at max TPE for a VHLM player which is overall crazy! I think the fact that most people want to avoid the VHLE is really driving people mainly recreates to try to get as much TPE as they can in order to skip it. Also the good old Miami team that picked up my goalie has the second overall pick so I can’t wait to see what nurx if he’s still AGMing and ledge will do with the team. Still can’t wait for the draft which is on a Monday which is unusual with the shortened off season which I hate!

I also wanted to talk about mock drafts! I feel like they generally get it correct. I just likes VSNs the most since they have me going the soonest so it is a little better then gustavs in my book! I also feel like if a mock draft is made by someone that doesn’t have a special color in their display name then I consider it irrelevant! Maybe it’s because they are newer members that don’t see the current goalie situation so they go off TPE. Which always has me farther back then the other drafts that I feel consider the current goalie situation in the VHL! I still like mock drafts though since in the VSN I got drafted by the wranglers and I like ricer as a GM a lot so that really made me shoot I guess. You go Alex for putting me in a mock draft with Calgary so that is great! I still overall can’t wait for the draft day this Sunday! It’s gonna be fun seeing recreates and new players go to where they are drafted which actually brings up something that also happens during the off-season!

We’re talking about free agency, the part of the off season that can make or break your team for the next few seasons. The off season has such a big impact more then people think which is  also another reason I want a longer off season. I am telling you right now just give a team some good cap space. A very good GM on the side and you will see the roster boom with high TPE players. While we hate to see meta teams such as the Vancouver metawolves it can really take you up in the standings. I mean you don’t even need a meta team to win a chip thanks to Simon screwing stuff up every now and then just look at Calgary! I still can’t wait to see what team I get drafted to in the off-season and see who they sign and pick up!

So I guess that will be it for the first edition of Ben’s BS! We covers quite a few topics such as a little more horrcrux drama. Talked about the VHLE the off season and all of that good stuff! Good old mock drafts, obviously last but not least we talked about the free agency and how much it makes the off-season so much better in my opinion! In the next four weeks we will see what happens.  Hopefully nothing too crazy happens and we have a fun good old off-season with all of the regular off-season activates that we partake in!    

Well I’m just coming in on 2,000 words so I can claim for four weeks! See y’all in a month!

Gonna claim 

1/23

1/30

2/6

2/13

Edited by Ben

• Commissioner
21 minutes ago, Ben said:

We could expand teams in the VHL! We could  expand in the VHLM and add a higher cap        

and require two seasons in it!

Neither of those is a better solution and both are less sustainable. We expanded by 4 teams and still ran out of space in the span of 4 seasons, plus the need to recruit more grows exponentially every expansion. 16 teams is already on the brink of too many, adding more does not help. The expansion argument for the VHLM is the same while the increased cap argument just goes against what the VHLM’s purpose is. Are new members going to enjoy themselves spending more time stuck at 8 minutes a game on the 4th line because the team loses up on 350 TPE recreates for 3 seasons?

25 minutes ago, Ben said:

So why not let us claim it for TPE. Who would it hurt to let us earn one or two TPE a week Just from memes! It would be a fun way to earn TPE and get members more involved overall.

We used to allow it but it became far too easy to abuse since it takes about 10 seconds to generate like 5 of them since it’s just slapping text in an online generator. The alternative method thing you mentioned from the BOG briefing isn’t “looking for new ideas” it’s discussing and implementing a specific one that was brought up.

28 minutes ago, Ben said:

think the fact that most people want to avoid the VHLE is really driving people mainly recreates to try to get as much TPE as they can in order to skip it

I don’t think “most” want to skip it, I think a very vocal minority want to skip it. Mind you skipping it has always been a possibility, it was set up in a way to make it possible. I would say the reason it seems possible for so many people this time around (although I don’t see what the is has to do with the M draft?) is because of the large TPE dump at Christmas causing numbers to spike a bit.

31 minutes ago, Ben said:

Well I’m just coming in on 2,000 words so I can claim for four weeks! See y’all in a month!

I still hate multi-claims for this but no one will let me murder them without a riot.

27 minutes ago, Ben said:

Who really said that it was a good idea to add a filler league everyone hates!

Without the VHLE, there would be cap issues and/or roster issues in the VHL with players under 500 TPE struggling to get signed in FA. We're generally all of the opinion that actives should have homes, right? But active players weren't getting signed in FA because contenders had no cap room, and rebuilders were already running 9-4-2's and whatnot. The VHLE was a useful addition to not only give those lower TPE actives a home, but also made the VHLM more of a developmental league and allows for the VHLE to be a competitive lower league for people who aren't uber-active, but are still members of our community.

30 minutes ago, Ben said:

We could expand teams in the VHL! We could  expand in the VHLM and add a higher cap and require two seasons in it!

Expansion was a thought, but you need to have sustainable growth (of your user base) in order to expand. A bunch of extra 250-450 TPE players doesn't merit expansion. If we expanded VHL teams back in S80, we'd likely have to drop the league cap to prevent teams from being as lopsided as they were in the VHLM last season. Hell, we already had teams running inactives in the VHL just to meet the minimum roster count this season. It's a fine line to balance how players will move between the E and VHL, and it's still getting worked on to make it as smooth as possible.

34 minutes ago, Ben said:

So this what I wanted to talk about which was memes in the VHL. Me, and I know many others love making VHL memes even though it might just be slapped on from a meme generator. So why not let us claim it for TPE. Who would it hurt to let us earn one or two TPE a week Just from memes! It would be a fun way to earn TPE and get members more involved overall. You also can’t tell me that they would never consider that in the most recent update post they literally talked about finding new ways to have members claim TPE! I mean at the end of the day why not, everyone wins here. We make funny memes that help make the community more enjoyable. Then we get one or two capped TPE I can’t decide what would be the best idea for the TPE claiming rules but my idea still stays the same!

Two things here. One, there was a very specific reason why your "meme" was denied, and I'm sure you're aware of it. Feel free to go back to the denial message to jog your memory. Second of all, there's a big difference between slapping some text on a meme using a meme generator, and adding a logo/player name/VHL relevant information to a graphic for VHL.com graphics. Yes, .com's are "low effort" but meme generators are basically a tier below low effort. They're amusing, they're fun, can't deny that. Include them in your Media Spot or as a header for your VHL.com articles, just make sure you're following guidelines and making sure they're appropriate.

Nice article 7/10. Damn you @Beketov for the shorter, faster response 😠

• Commissioner
16 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

I swear if you touch my multi-claims

Angry Work GIF

Oh I’ve tried, that was basically the reaction. I don’t like it but I’ve accepted it.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

no one will let me murder them without a riot.

Is this why you swapped over to murdering blues instead?🤔

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Two things here. One, there was a very specific reason why your "meme" was denied, and I'm sure you're aware of it. Feel free to go back to the denial message to jog your memory. Second of all, there's a big difference between slapping some text on a meme using a meme generator, and adding a logo/player name/VHL relevant information to a graphic for VHL.com graphics. Yes, .com's are "low effort" but meme generators are basically a tier below low effort. They're amusing, they're fun, can't deny that. Include them in your Media Spot or as a header for your VHL.com articles, just make sure you're following guidelines and making sure they're appropriate.

To be honest this media spot is basically a bunch of VHL.com articles in on big thing. That’s what I’m aiming for, to be honest I could see why that meme was declined. Im sort of like @HoganI like my trolling.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

To be honest this media spot is basically a bunch of VHL.com articles in on big thing. That’s what I’m aiming for, to be honest I could see why that meme was declined. Im sort of like @HoganI like my trolling.

Which is fine really, it keeps your media spot fresh with a bunch of different topics. And no one is saying to stop making memes, just understand that the low quality content won't be approved, and content that targets other members in a less than pleasant manner will also get denied.

Claim for 2nd week 1/30

Edited by Ben

• 2 weeks later...