Landon Wolanin and the Ducky Interviews Episode 1

jacobcarson877

This interview was conducted on the 23rd of January 2022 by a rubber duck floating in a bathtub.

Who inspires you to be better?

Well, the obvious answer would be my uncle, who has been my inspiration from the beginning, but I’m going to go with myself on this one. I’ve always been incredibly driven and I know the potential I have and I’m just itching to get there to show everyone what has been hiding inside of me this whole time.

Pirates or Ninjas?

Wow great question rubber duck! What should I call you anyways?

Ducky is fine.

Alright Ducky, I think I prefer pirates. Coming from the islands they just feel a little more real to me. Not in the scary way, obviously my island isn’t going to get raided by pirates, but I definitely wanted to join a band of pirates as a kid and cause mischief. There’s also a lot more roles and jobs as a pirate than I think there would be as a ninja. Like you’re either a ninja or the head ninja. And I don’t know there’s something about sneaking around and silently killing that would get boring to me. I’ve lived in obscurity my whole life already I want to go out there and charm everyone with my big guns and tantalizing smile.

Charming. What are you a natural at?

You’d think I’d say hockey but that is a lie I have worked so hard to get where I am, and it definitely didn’t come naturally. I am however a natural at pottery. As soon as my fingers touched that clay, I was truly a star. I made all of the plates and bowls in our house and a few flowerpots as well. I should definitely get back into it I haven’t done anything in a while.

Pancakes or waffles?

Waffles for sure. I don’t think this is even a debate anymore we all know that waffles hold the syrup better. Let me put it this way though. A bad waffle is just as bad as a bad pancake. A good waffle though is so much better than a good pancake.

What would you do on a free afternoon in the middle of the week?

I can’t remember the last time I had a free afternoon in the middle of the week actually. Wow I really need to find some more free time huh. Do you want the real answer or the ideal answer?

I’m a rubber duck that you’re pretending is interviewing you, I couldn’t care less.

Perfect, you’ll get both then. The real answer is I would spend the entire time scrolling through Tiktok in a semi-conscious state of bliss. The ideal answer is I would take my cat on a walk to the beach, get a hot dog and enjoy some rays with my cat. And then maybe go home, take a bath and watch some Gilmore Girls with a glass (or bottle) of wine. That’s what I would do.

Okay. Thanks for doing this on such short notice.

Well, what else is there to do on a random free afternoon Ducky? You have to get drunk and interview with your rubber duck!

534 words, claiming week ending January 30th .

Review:

I love the idea of having an inanimate object like a rubber ducky all of sudden start to talk to you. This can happen a number of different ways that includes magic, mental illness, or mushrooms but the source of the talking doesn't much matter. The questions are fun and I must say I am still curious about the answer to the pirate/ninja question. You did a good job on spacing, made it easy to follow, and the italic text was a good way of showing who was asking/answering. There is some room for spicing this up a bit further, perhaps a picture or two (rubber ducky, pirate, ninja, etc.) and even adding in some bold text as well would make it pop more. Overall, an enjoyable media spot :)

7.5/10

Review:

You sound like a lot of fun. The subject you chose to write on and how you got there (with the rubber ducky being the main interviewer) was actually quite funny and light. Formatting-wise, I mean, the additions I would've included is centring the entire article, bolding instead of italicizing and a picture or two. Besides that, I think this was a great article to read and you have a lot of potential to grow into a great writer for this league.

8/10