Scurvy's first Draft!

Scurvy

This week many players in the VHLM were on the edge of their seats trying to see which teams in the VHLE and VHL would pick them up.  Brian Payne was no different.  From his hometown of Bothell, Washington, he watched with anticipation of which team would pick him up.  Having filled out numerous draft cards with several team in both leagues he spent hours at his computer studying several team’s defense in both leagues trying to see who would want a bruising defensive defenseman.  

In Payne’s first season he suffered from what people called TPE idiocy and placed his points in several categories first prior to reading the dummies guide to builds so he felt some early season struggles.   He busted his ass and earned TPE at a decent rate and by the end of the season he reached 200 and helped the San Diego Marlins get to the semi-finals of the playoffs with more than a point per game average.  

VHLE DRAFT

In the VHLE draft he drafted 20th overall to the Bratislava Watchman.  The Watchman loaded up their already outstanding defense with Payne and standout star, Bo Johansson.  While they each play a different game, their styles should blend well this year.  With additions on forward with Girts Galvins (great name btw) I would look for the Watchman to some special things in the coming year or so.  

Payne was immediately greeted with a warm welcome to the Watch despite the GM and AGM being incredibly sleep deprived. 

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.41163e91328216a65fb4c4e1df6d3955.jpg

VHL DRAFT 

As if Payne’s life couldn’t get more perfect, he sat and watched the VHL draft on Twitch.  He watched as he saw stud players, he followed throughout S81 in the VHLM get drafted.  As the rounds ticked by, he figured he would go in the late rounds so imagine his surprise when he was selected in the 3 round (26th overall) by Warsaw Predators.  

Being on the Predators he is joined by fellow San Diego Marlin defenseman Maxwell Matthius, who helped mentor Payne on his first season in the minors.  This also reunites him with former San Diego GM JB123, who is most responsible for Payne’s development in earning TPE early on. 

With high caliber draft picks, Wumbo, Girts Galvins, and Matthius the Preds looks to have a Cup contending team in a short time.   

Having been my first player in the VHL he would like to send a special “Thank You” to VHL admin and staff that make this league possible. I am amazed at the amount of time and effort it must require making all three leagues, tournaments, drafts, fantasy, trivia, reviewing TPE projects, and all the other stuff I am not smart enough to know.  Everyone here has been super helpful I navigate this sometimes-confusing world. I am truly pumped I found this league it is even worth hearing my wife call me a nerd for watching a draft on Twitch during dinner to see if my player would be picked.  

Sincerely,

Thank you

Brian “Scurvy” 

505 words 

8.5/10

Wow great text, I really like to see your point of view on your draft and your expectations before and after it. Also, It is nice that you separated your text in paragraphs and not just write a big wall of text. In addition, I really like these type of article, because I like to see the opinions of others peoples about the drafts, because it reminds me of my drafts. I would have maybe add a little bit of colors. Keep up the good work! 

Edited by Baby Boomer

9/10
I love these type of articles as it really reinforces why the staff and the management puts forth all the effort they do. It makes it all worth it when you can read how much people enjoy it! All in all I love your article it could use a little bit of bolding and some additional sentence structure but all in all its perfect for what I would consider a media spot is supposed to be. If you changed the text on the picture you would get a perfect 10. 

All in all great article and ill have to keep an eye out for more in the future.