Saskatoon's Post Draft Assesment

BrutalBoost

So, I am usually not good at doing something like this but here we go. This is going to be my assessment of how we, Saskatoon Wild, did in the Season 82 draft. In my opinion it was an interesting draft as most draftees were over 100 TPE. 

Saskatoon started off this draft with 13 picks and midway through we moved on to have 14 as we traded Miami our 36th overall for their 43rd and 63rd. I knew that trade was going to be good for us because I knew that the next pick I wanted to make was still going to be available by the time we got to our 42nd and 43rd picks.

So, to start off with our picks, the first four picks were defenders. I am one of those people who believe protecting the net is more important than scoring goals. So, picking Jeff Buffy @Strider, Brian Kowalski @Wheaties, Kyou Fujibayashi @Azorochi, and Pucky McSticks @PuckyMcStick was a no brainer for me. I picked Jeff Buffy because he is my brother but also he has a really good defensive build. His Defense, Puck Handling, Passing and Scating all at 70 or above. He would make a perfect first line pairing. Brian Kowalski would round off that pairing. He is another defenseman with a good build, putting 60 points in skating, passing, and puck handling. But all of that rounded up with 75 in defense. Then it came to picking the second pairing. The first pick was Kyou Fujibayashi. I picked him because he has a decent build. His passing, scoring and defense are all at 70 which means he has a great potential of being a great 2 way defenseman. Lastly, Pucky McSticks, he has an ok build with defense at 70, passing at 60, and skating at 55. I thought he would round off the 4 defensemen nicely.

Our 5th pick was a goaltender and I think I needed to make that pick here otherwise I wouldn’t had any other option after words. There are two goalies I was looking at, Gavin Zininger and Augustus Kennedy @InstantRockstar. Both of them had fairly good build and both were up there in TPE. In the end I decided to go with Augustus Kennedy just because I had good times interviewing with him and I think he has a lot of good to bring to the team.

The remainder of my picks were supposed to be forwards. With the first forward pick, I chose Ryan (45th Overall), because I was surprised he was not picked earlier and just because I thought he would compliment Jack Quill, who I had left from last season, nicely. He has a good distribution of points to make him a strong 2 way player. Tyler Thode was picked by my AGM (63rd Overall) but he completes my 1st line nicely. He has 70 passing and scoring, while maintaining 50+ in puck handling, skating, and defense.

Our second line was entirely chosen by the AGM. He chose Sean Murphy @Abraham Lincoln (59th Overall) as our center. He has a decent build with 70 in scoring and passing, but I would have loved to see a little more points in faceoff. Chase Taylor @NyQuil was chosen 49th overall to be our left wing on the second line. His build is very good. Putting up 75 points in scoring and 70 in skating. He has the potential of being one of the top scorers on our team. To complete the 2nd line, Minou Lambert @Minoulambert23was chosen as 54th overall. Another left winger but he will be playing right for the time being. Like everyone else, he has 70 points in skating and scoring, and 56 in defense. He has the potential of being a good 2 way forward for line 2.

Our third line starts off with another carry over from last season. Alexsei Volchenko @Austin2997is a center who will be starting as a right wing this season. He has 70 points in scoring but 50-60 points in passing, skating, and puck handling. The center for the third line will be Randy @Dust bucket(55th overall). He has 70 in scoring, 62 in skating, 56 in passing, and 51 in faceoff. He is a young center who I believe will have a great future. Rounding off the 3rd line is Nathan Ingram @NatIng14(57th Overall). He is yet another young forward on our team with most his points currently distributed between defense, skating, and checking. He has a potential of being a strong 2 way forward. Most of our third line was picked with the future in mind. We are hoping to retain these younger players for S83, but we are hoping for great things and great earnings for them this season.

The last 2 picks were kind of my fault. I did not quite clearly clarify what I was hoping to achieve with picks 70 and 71. But regardless, I got 2 young defenseman who we are hoping will give us a great future. Brodie Landry III @Brodie_Landry was picked as 71 overall. He has gotten 61 points in skating and 55 points in defense. He has a great career ahead of him and we can’t wait to see what he can do for us. Juan Ceson @dylanjj37 is an interesting pick 70 for us. He somehow managed to be drafted by 2 VHL teams this season, Calgary Wranglers, and Los Angeles Stars. I guess teams just want him. We will see how his career progresses as the season moves along and we hope for best earnings for them.

So, that completes the entire Saskatoon line up. This was an interesting draft indeed. I do believe Saskatoon for sure is going to be a strong playoff contender this season. We got decently strong forward lines. With some players even able to cover for defense. Our defense is very strong and can protect the net well. We have also picked up a strong goalie who has a lot of potential to reach elite status fast. Perhaps we may even have a shot at the cup. Let's go Saskatoon, let's show them what we got.

Nice recap of your draft and your roster heading to the season. You have a nice team and are looking forward to what they are going to do on the ice this season. I like that you decided to write your text in bold text, I don’t why, but it’s nice and easy to read. Your description of every build is quite nice and what direction you were heading when selecting those players. I’m excited to see what the wild his going to do this season and I’m even thinking about cheering for them in the M. 9/10