What is the most important league for retention

Ente2997

What is the most important league for retention?

I think everybody knows that retention is a big topic in the Community, and I asked myself:

Since there are three leagues, we should look on the role they all take.

First the VHL, the big league. I think the main goal of every new person is that your player will be a Superstar in the VHL and with that the role of it is to give a long-term goal and motivation with that to stay and grow your player which definitely is a huge factor.

Then we have the VHLE, the middle league. In my opinion the VHLE has an underrated role in retention since it prepares you for the VHL and it’s the time you may get a smaller role as an AGM in one of the 3 main leagues or GM in one of the off-season events like the World Junior Championship or the Junior Showcase.

At last there is the VHLM, the beginner league. Possibly the most important to keep players here short time since it takes the role of introducing people to everything and answer the important basic questions. Also, in the time you are in the M there are the drafts and for the lucky ones a big motivation and for the unlucky ones maybe a reason to try and proof the wrong and with that also a possible motivation, although most probably get demotivated from that and a possible reason to quit.

So, after I’ve talked a bit about all three leagues and what I would say their role in retention I come back to my initial question and I want to split this question in long- and short-term retention, because I have a different ranking for both.

First the short-term ranking

For me the first place of this part of the ranking is the VHLM. I think the M has the biggest role by far in short-term because this is the place where you get to know the whole thing on a basic level and here it is where people decide the first time if they stay or go.

On the second place I have the VHL which may surprise some of you, but the decision wasn’t really a difficult one. In my opinion the VHL plays a decently big role in retention because it gives you a motivation to stay and learn more about the league and how everything works.

Lastly on the third place I have the VHLE. In my opinion the E doesn’t really have a big role in the short-term retention because at the point you enter the E I wouldn’t really count you in the short-term retention anymore and it isn’t really something many look up to.

Then the long-term ranking

First in the long-term ranking I have the VHLE. In my opinion the E is the place where you really get to understand the joy and most get the confidence to do more than just being a part as a player and get the motivation to do more and help others and spread the joy and this is the point where people decide
subconscious to stay for a long time.

In second place I have the VHL because it is the league where you stay the longest and the place where you fight for the big awards and achievements and this could really give you a long term motivation to stay.

Last but not least we have the VHLM. In my opinion the M plays the smallest role in long-term retention because you don’t really spend a lot of time here and you don’t really think about the whole thing so much and you don’t really mind so much.

For my final conclusion I believe the VHLE has the biggest role in retention because it is the place where you kinda decide the first time how much you want to engage in the league. After that I have the VHL and VHLM tied because they both play a huge role in retention but in their own way.

anyways what is your opinion on this topic? I would like to you to tell me and I hope you appreciate my first Article 😊

711 Words if I counted correct

9 minutes ago, Ente2997 said:

I think I put it in the wrong category could someone pls move it to the right one

Want it in the media spot section?

Edited by Beaviss

1 hour ago, Ente2997 said:

I think everybody knows that retention is a big topic in the Community, and I asked myself:

Since there are three leagues, we should look on the role they all take.

First the VHL, the big league. I think the main goal of every new person is that your player will be a Superstar in the VHL and with that the role of it is to give a long-term goal and motivation with that to stay and grow your player which definitely is a huge factor.

Then we have the VHLE, the middle league. In my opinion the VHLE has an underrated role in retention since it prepares you for the VHL and it’s the time you may get a smaller role as an AGM in one of the 3 main leagues or GM in one of the off-season events like the World Junior Championship or the Junior Showcase.

At last there is the VHLM, the beginner league. Possibly the most important to keep players here short time since it takes the role of introducing people to everything and answer the important basic questions. Also, in the time you are in the M there are the drafts and for the lucky ones a big motivation and for the unlucky ones maybe a reason to try and proof the wrong and with that also a possible motivation, although most probably get demotivated from that and a possible reason to quit.

So, after I’ve talked a bit about all three leagues and what I would say their role in retention I come back to my initial question and I want to split this question in long- and short-term retention, because I have a different ranking for both.

First the short-term ranking

For me the first place of this part of the ranking is the VHLM. I think the M has the biggest role by far in short-term because this is the place where you get to know the whole thing on a basic level and here it is where people decide the first time if they stay or go.

On the second place I have the VHL which may surprise some of you, but the decision wasn’t really a difficult one. In my opinion the VHL plays a decently big role in retention because it gives you a motivation to stay and learn more about the league and how everything works.

Lastly on the third place I have the VHLE. In my opinion the E doesn’t really have a big role in the short-term retention because at the point you enter the E I wouldn’t really count you in the short-term retention anymore and it isn’t really something many look up to.

Then the long-term ranking

First in the long-term ranking I have the VHLE. In my opinion the E is the place where you really get to understand the joy and most get the confidence to do more than just being a part as a player and get the motivation to do more and help others and spread the joy and this is the point where people decide
subconscious to stay for a long time.

In second place I have the VHL because it is the league where you stay the longest and the place where you fight for the big awards and achievements and this could really give you a long term motivation to stay.

Last but not least we have the VHLM. In my opinion the M plays the smallest role in long-term retention because you don’t really spend a lot of time here and you don’t really think about the whole thing so much and you don’t really mind so much.

For my final conclusion I believe the VHLE has the biggest role in retention because it is the place where you kinda decide the first time how much you want to engage in the league. After that I have the VHL and VHLM tied because they both play a huge role in retention but in their own way.

anyways what is your opinion on this topic? I would like to you to tell me and I hope you appreciate my first Article 😊

711 Words if I counted correct

I think I also bought an first gen doubles or something like that like two seasons ago. If I can still use it I would here